New Everton Stadium

So you'd be fine sitting on your own surrounded by 20 empty seats? That wouldn't feel a bit strange?
You're talking about terracing though, no? 20,000 people all huddled together can still make a hell of a din. 20,000 spread over a 60,000 seater stadium, in different stands and different tiers, will sound like a load of kids shouting in the swimming baths.
I remember the early 90s with the seats often well more than 20000 empty, didn't feel like it though, I remember playing Lincoln at home or someone about 8000 in there, better in the Gwladys Street then than in some of the sold outs we get now.

Agreed. In fact I think some clubs with larger stadia will look upon it enviously if we manage to keep a good atmosphere. I'd bet a lot of West Ham and Arsenal fans would trade in their soulless, echoing 60k bowls for an "intimate" 55k stadium (assuming the choice to expand is there). I certainly would.
All the ones that couldnt get tickets wouldnt be happy.

Nothing wrong with a few empty seats around as long as they aren't a bright color that stands out like City's. I'm not sure why people are relating this to atmosphere, while it might be true having empty seats is bad for it, Goodison for the most part is sold out and the atmosphere is mostly terrible apart from a few games a season anyway.

Where I am in the main stand I seem to get different people all the time, I'm sure the seats are owned by sponsors or companies, in fact the kids that have a kick about at half time and families are often by me. The amount of people I See doing selfies and spending most of the match eatting and leaving with 10 minutes to go, is rather annoying, and it's these type I expect us to bring more of to the docks. It's not going to be a bear pit down there, I'm certain of that.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back