New Everton Stadium

Nothing wrong with a few empty seats around as long as they aren't a bright color that stands out like City's. I'm not sure why people are relating this to atmosphere, while it might be true having empty seats is bad for it, Goodison for the most part is sold out and the atmosphere is mostly terrible apart from a few games a season anyway.

Where I am in the main stand I seem to get different people all the time, I'm sure the seats are owned by sponsors or companies, in fact the kids that have a kick about at half time and families are often by me. The amount of people I See doing selfies and spending most of the match eatting and leaving with 10 minutes to go, is rather annoying, and it's these type I expect us to bring more of to the docks. It's not going to be a bear pit down there, I'm certain of that.

You're right, but we NEED to make a designated "Pit", like Spurs are doing, like the Yellow wall. If we throw boxes around the entire ground, it'll wipe the atmosphere. We need a steep, massive end behind the goal (better than the kop). Retractable seating, is a must too for me.

My concern about going for 55,000, is that with the rate the PL is growing (including us), with Goodison and it's numerous obstructions and us still selling out, and the lure of a new stadium, I think we'd be missing a trick not having it 60,000, with all the top teams above us all planning for 60k+ stadiums, we'd need to match them to have any credibility.

But you're right, we need to make sure we have a presence in the new stadium, where atmosphere can be generated.

1) It's easy; you put your last to be sold seats/away fans, hotel deals, etc UNDER the main TV...you don't get many shots of the Bullen Rd Stand.

2)
Stephen Jones (via Toffeeweb)
8 Posted 20/03/2017 at 09:51:05
Flag this comment.
Bramley Moor is 100% going ahead blues, also a local cinematography company has been given the go ahead to do the timeline/time lapse as the new ground is built, just wait as soon as this is official listen to the darkside fans bombard the local radio stations and media wailing about how this is being funded by local tax payers or this is a heritage site that must be left as it is as my granny will not be able to see the river if those nasty blues build this stadium !!! you get my drift people AND they say we are bitter ?

From a TV and atmosphere point of view i can't see it being a problem even if we had 8,000 empty seats in 60k stadium. We will likely get 40k + season ticket holders, i would guess the vast majority of these will want to be closer to the pitch and not way back in the last few rows. It will look and feel full regardless apart from the wide pan shots looking up at the top of the stands.

I have been at the millennium stadium a few times when there were crowds in the 20k's, now that felt lifeless, (whole ends were out of action) but that is like around 28k less people in a stadium that is far bigger. Crowds that were around the 57k mark there generally produced a decent atmosphere despite 17,000 empty seats.

I think people will be surprised how often we can get to (or very near) capacity (if it is a 60k stadium), lots of people will be buying season tickets to say they were there the first season, if we do well and the tickets are reasonably priced a lot will be hooked and keep coming the following seasons.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back