New Everton Stadium

1) It's easy; you put your last to be sold seats/away fans, hotel deals, etc UNDER the main TV...you don't get many shots of the Bullen Rd Stand.

2)
Stephen Jones (via Toffeeweb)
8 Posted 20/03/2017 at 09:51:05
Flag this comment.
Bramley Moor is 100% going ahead blues, also a local cinematography company has been given the go ahead to do the timeline/time lapse as the new ground is built, just wait as soon as this is official listen to the darkside fans bombard the local radio stations and media wailing about how this is being funded by local tax payers or this is a heritage site that must be left as it is as my granny will not be able to see the river if those nasty blues build this stadium !!! you get my drift people AND they say we are bitter ?
Starting to practice the biggest smirk ever.

Few empties will be sound, went a berlin game last year in there Olympic ground and they only sell half the tickets but the atmosphere in there main stand was pretty sick like

Ask yer mar mate x
345e0bebc8c4b48d1a538e1921962872.jpg

Even 55,000 would be something of a letdown. But I think it will be at least 60,000.

Mr Moshiri is too proud and too ambitious to build a new stadium that's even smaller than West Ham's ground.

Going bigger than what West Ham have now just for the sake of it is pointless. They're currently limited to 57k by the council for elf and safety reasons but the stadium capacity is closer to 70k. All they have to do is open up those seats to increase matchday capacity, and they're applying to do so in stages. In a few years they'll have the second biggest club stadium in England. But they'll still be way off the pace in revenue terms because they're renting it and selling tickets cheap, probably won't fill it for most games, and will still be in a converted athletics stadium with seats miles from the pitch.

Everton/Spurs/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool/Man City in c60k stadiums shouldn't care too much if West Ham are in a bigger stadium going forward. Let them do their thing...

Brutal truth here, folks.

West Ham v Leicester drew in 56,979 on Saturday, and there was still vast patches of empty seating.

We could attract 55k most games I reckon, but not every week.

I still reckon we have to look at flexible capacity.

A few things...

1. As I said above, a lot of seats are unused anyway, because capacity is limited at the moment.
2. West Ham sold a lot of cheap season tickets and three for two deals. This means a lot bought season tickets just to guarantee themselves a ticket for the big games.
3. A lot of fans are unhappy with their stadium and are staying away, especially while the team is playing so badly. Don't base your projections on your future crowds on what West Ham are drawing at a converted athletics stadium!

4. If your post was a subtle dig at the Spammers, and everything I've written is stating the bleedin obvious then :pint2:

Last edited:
As we all expect, the levels of fume and explosion of bitterness across the park will be unprecedented when this is finally announced.

For years, we have been taunted about how poor we are as a club in comparison to our neighbours. But now as money has flooded the premier league and everybody has got a few bob, this has been less and less relevant over the last 12 months.

This however takes it onto a new level! A state of the art stadium on the waterfront, securing Everton's future and giving us what we missed out on when Bill messed up the original chance years ago, is probably beyond anything that anybody realistically expected.

We need however to remain calm and classy about this. Otherwise, we basically become "them", or at least just another flavour of "them".

Of course it is a fantastic thing to celebrate and will feel like a kind of revenge for all of the years of mocking and torment. However, this is about us, not them, it is our moment in the sunshine.

There'll be no empty seats, we have a good few years to establish ourselves closer to the top 4. Plus moving to a more central location will give more opportunity for people to attend. I'm sure ETIC will also look to utilise the bigger venue for underprivileged families, the club will surely run things offers for kids etc

It won't be a problem in my opinion

You want it full and heaving for big games. It would be, we sell out all league games so quickly the demand would be huge. So what if there were a few empty seats for some of the more boring league games? The atmosphere at every ground is rubbish most league games except the big ones. It would be stupid to limit capacity. We should learn our lessons and go big with the ability to easily expand in the future if necessary.

Empty seats don't matter if the fans support the team.

Look all around Europe, Ajax, Napoli etc. quite a few empty seats in those stadiums but the atmosphere is still brilliant, there's mosaics, banners, singing all over the show. English folk seem to be obsessed with empty seats - just sing and support the team.
We look like getting a brand new stadium, in a cracking location. The team is going in the right direction, and if tickets are reasonably priced, we'll also attract new match goers and fans who've not been for a while.
60+k is a statement we mean business as well.

Empty seats don't matter if the fans support the team.

Look all around Europe, Ajax, Napoli etc. quite a few empty seats in those stadiums but the atmosphere is still brilliant, there's mosaics, banners, singing all over the show. English folk seem to be obsessed with empty seats - just sing and support the team.

I also think it provides a huge opportunity to embrace the touristy side of the City. I've just visited Rome, and managed to catch the Roma-Lyon game on Thursday. Obviously, if there were no tickets available, I would'nt have been able to go, but I did, spent a bit of merch too, so if we could get 300-400 extra in per game, it's a big boost to revenue.

As long as we have a "Pit", like Dortmund, we'll be absolutely sound.

Going bigger than what West Ham have now just for the sake of it is pointless. They're currently limited to 57k by the council for elf and safety reasons but the stadium capacity is closer to 70k. All they have to do is open up those seats to increase matchday capacity, and they're applying to do so in stages. In a few years they'll have the second biggest club stadium in England. But they'll still be way of the pace in revenue terms because they're renting it and selling tickets cheap, probably won't fill it for most games, and will still be in a converted athletics stadium with seats miles from the pitch.

Everton/Spurs/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool/Man City in c60k stadiums shouldn't care too much if West Ham are in a bigger stadium going forward. Let them do their thing...

A few things...

1. As I said above, a lot of seats are unused anyway, because capacity is limited at the moment.
2. West Ham sold a lot of cheap season tickets and three for two deals. This means a lot bought season tickets just to guarantee themselves a ticket for the big games.
3. A lot of fans are unhappy with their stadium and are staying away, especially while the team is playing so badly. Don't base your projections on your future crowds on what West Ham are drawing at a converted athletics stadium!

4. If your post was a subtle dig at the Spammers, and everything I've written is stating the bleedin obvious then :pint2:
That's all fair enough.

I think my point was that, in percentage terms, the West Ham stadium was pretty full, but still looked bad with the pockets of empty seats. We really need to avoid that by not building too big.

That's all fair enough.

I think my point was that, in percentage terms, the West Ham stadium was pretty full, but still looked bad with the pockets of empty seats. We really need to avoid that by not building too big.

Yeah, that's fair enough. But I think there's hardly any point using West Ham as a basis for anything for what you're looking to do. Other than how not to do things.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back