New Everton Stadium

It's going to be interesting to watch the RS go through different stages as our new home progresses.

Currently they are in the 'denial' phase, taking the piss, they can't believe it will never happen kind of comments.

Second stage will come when announcement is made - 'anger' - expect major meltdown in blogs and radio phone in's, letters to MP's and council, bullets in the post, it's a word heritage site, there's a rare red frog only found in BMD, blah blah etc...

When they start to see the stadium actually getting built it will be major depression and they will at that point probably turn on themselves - 'why didn't we build a new stadium on the docks'... 'how come all we have is a new stand'.. 'where's the Suarez money'... . when they drop out of top 4 and see continued success by our team the depression will accelerate

Final stage is acceptance - 'well at least we get to see a game in a nice shiny stadium once a year'

There's a few more stages after that, firstly their kids will want to watch the blues, then they'll become alcoholics and end up being binbaged, and finally they'll end up in a doorway in Church Street with their dog and a cardboard banjo.

It's going to be interesting to watch the RS go through different stages as our new home progresses.

Currently they are in the 'denial' phase, taking the piss, they can't believe it will never happen kind of comments.

Second stage will come when announcement is made - 'anger' - expect major meltdown in blogs and radio phone in's, letters to MP's and council, bullets in the post, it's a word heritage site, there's a rare red frog only found in BMD, blah blah etc...

When they start to see the stadium actually getting built it will be major depression and they will at that point probably turn on themselves - 'why didn't we build a new stadium on the docks'... 'how come all we have is a new stand'.. 'where's the Suarez money'... . when they drop out of top 4 and see continued success by our team the depression will accelerate

Final stage is acceptance - 'well at least we get to see a game in a nice shiny stadium once a year'

Provided our new stadium goes ahead, that is 99% how their reaction is going to go.

The acceptance stage will never go quite that smoothly for them though. There will still be a deluded RS twist to it - "give me Anfield over that shiny boss new stadium any day lads", "we'll get to see dem Rossiter and Woodburn wonderkids win the game for der mighty redmen at their new ground" etc.

I think once its goes to 60k+ its more likely to end up with Everton playing in front of lots of blue seats.

That's what a Hammers mate of mine said before West Ham moved into the London Stadium. He said that West Ham wouldn't get more than 40,000 fans each week.

West Ham's average attendance is now 57,000.

You may disagree, but I think that we're just as big a club as West Ham.

You may disagree, but I think that we're just as big a club as West Ham.

200w.gif

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back