New Everton Stadium

The other thing to bear in mind with any upcoming announcement is not to get too carried away by what is likely to be a very provisional understanding over price of land struck between club and land owners.
I think people are expecting full on designs already.

I've already saw one that looked like the millennium dome but grey. It was horrible.

I think people are expecting full on designs already.

I've already saw one that looked like the millennium dome but grey. It was horrible.
Full on designs are a good way off I'd say. Whenever planning permission is sought - I'd say early next year as a realistic point for that - then we'll see designs.

How come there were some designs for the previous stadium plans back in the early 2000s? How far along were we with that? Seems strange that stadium designs were released without anything substantial actually happening.

I hope they're completely different to anything we've seen so far.

This Dan fella better not let us down.

If his stadiums are as embarrassing as his tweets it'll be a shed.

He sounds like a hippy. All talk about 'inner city stadia flowing into the urban landscape where it merges to make a glorious communal space...'.

'kin ell. Just build a friggin stadium with 4 sides to it.

We should be going with Herzog.

How come there were some designs for the previous stadium plans back in the early 2000s? How far along were we with that? Seems strange that stadium designs were released without anything substantial actually happening.
I'm pretty sure the design is either done or well advanced this time.
I liked that design, at the time, but think it's well dated now.

It's terrible.

It looks like a mausoleum or the Kremlin or Battersea power station or some such 'kin thing.

Something like Lucas oil only works when the surrounding area buildings suit it, with this being a huge development area, a lot of importance is gonna be on what else is built in the vacinity and how the stadium design maximises on those in order to stand out in a good way.

Kremlins amazing btw but not exactly footy friendly in design ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back