New Everton Stadium

I think we all know the exterior will be dome shaped. That leaves a major question over the interior design which can go one of two ways.

It's a legitimate concern...and if you dont think it is I suggest you ask the posters on this forum whether they;d be happy with a distance behind each goal similar to that of the Emirates.
Sorry mate, you don't know what shape the exterior will be, or the interior for that matter. It's fine to criticise the design when we know what it's like but it's a little bit silly to do so when we don't.

The other thing to bear in mind with any upcoming announcement is not to get too carried away by what is likely to be a very provisional understanding over price of land struck between club and land owners.

Unless there has been a cloaking device covering BMD for the last few years and they are turning it off on Thursday to reveal our new stadium all built and shiny ;)

Maybe, but isn't there also the possibility of Durban pulling out of hosting the next ones.
Either way Meis has been on and on about multi purpose stadiums and I can't imagine Anderson being so gung-Ho unless it involved some other community function.

Durban has pulled out of hosting 2022, Liverpool and Birmingham have said they are interested in replacing them.

Birmingham has the better infrastructure to host, they have the London Olympic bidding team of 2012 working for them and currently in the process of completing a feasibility study.

We have Joe Anderson saying we'll do it.

Seriously you lot are like big kids getting all excited before Christmas. What you don't know is that yer mar is about to tell you that Santa doesn't exist

Meis designs are designed with the local community, history and heritage.

I think it'll in someway blend in with either the current Liverpool skyline or what's planned to be built their.

You learnt your stadium designs off Sim City.

Hush now, the adults are speaking.
Wow you real large into gaming... Playing footy with your thumbs and now the Sims, who's the adult now?
I haven't put forward any stadium designs except point out other clubs fans had no dialogue with their designers and they ended up having disasters built.
This is about all blues opinions not just yours. Get off Dan Meiss back because he try's to have a it of dialogue with the fans who are going to use the stadium he has designed. Better to get to know what we want than just come up with something that takes his fancy. If he stayed anonymous you would have a go at him for being uncaring of what the fans prefer.
This is an adult talking.

From the bits I've read from Meis I would imagine it won't be a dome. I would say it will be industrial looking/angular.
I think there will be rectangular stands inside tight to the pitch. The lower tier will be retractable to accommodate the commonwealth games. It seems Meis is big into multi purpose stadiums.

Just as he has incorporated the coliseum into his Roma design, I imagine he will incorporate the history of the docks and the industrial revolution in to his Everton design.
In terms of stadium of any decent capacity, I see only dome shaped stadiums he's designed.

Sorry mate, you don't know what shape the exterior will be, or the interior for that matter. It's fine to criticise the design when we know what it's like but it's a little bit silly to do so when we don't.
I'm not criticising what's not there. I stated that I feared that a dome was inevitable given Meis' record and that then we have one of two outcomes for the interior design....one of which is a matter for concern on atmosphere.

Give it a rest with the ITK tosh peddling Davy
Please put me right, what tosh am I supposed to be peddling. Saying it's better to have an architect who gets a feel for what Everton supporters want from a staidium?? No I mean really, I don't know what I said that doesn't fit in with what we all want. I don't even know who ITK is.

He's done it before, he even said last May we would be in our new ground in 2019. I'd take what he says with a big pinch of salt.

Ill take what he says with a petrol bomb and matches. *cannot be held liable for any petrol bombs thrown in the direction of him if that particular event does occur

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back