New Everton Stadium

Andy‏ @ABLE1986
@theesk just been sent this on whatsapp esk, obv it could be bullshit, but no funding from FM?30 year loan?

C7jgYyKXQAQ3VTx.jpg

If i'm understanding what has been said correctly the council will have more money not less.

Say i need a loan of £10,000 but the bank won't give it to me or only at high interest rates, I ask my dad to take out the loan for me and I pay him back whatever it costs plus £50 on top, then he is getting something for nothing.

From what I've heard today, that's pretty much bang on the money. Headlines will be that the council are forking out £350m for Everton's new ground. But the deal will generate significant money on a yearly basis for LCC (well done to those who cracked that bit)

I'm not sure if the figures will be made public, but if what I've been told is correct, LCC would make comfortably in excess of £100m over the life of the loan.

The thing that is a bit scary is what happens if Everton defaulted on repayments. I won't divulge publically what I've been told, but suffice to say LCC have very significant mechanisms built into the deal to ensure that they'll get what they need from Everton to satisfy the lender and make their profit.

We still have memories to make in Goodison, too.

Now convinced we're going to sign off from there with a trophy.

I was actually thinking yesterday mate that I know because I basically work Saturdays and a lot of Sundays, so no point in having a season ticket, that I'll probably miss our last season and miss the last game ever to play at Goodison. I think I'd need to buy a season ticket just for that one game alone because I'd need to be there to say goodbye properly.......unless I do a Wimbledon and leg it in at the end and do a pitch invasion ;)

From what I've heard today, that's pretty much bang on the money. Headlines will be that the council are forking out £350m for Everton's new ground. But the deal will generate significant money on a yearly basis for LCC (well done to those who cracked that bit)

I'm not sure if the figures will be made public, but if what I've been told is correct, LCC would make comfortably in excess of £100m over the life of the loan.

The thing that is a bit scary is what happens if Everton defaulted on repayments. I won't divulge publically what I've been told, but suffice to say LCC have very significant mechanisms built into the deal to ensure that they'll get what they need from Everton to satisfy the lender and make their profit.
You'd have to question the terms of the deal if default is even a remote possibility.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back