New Everton Stadium

Can I add my twopeneth .....
Looking forward to tomorrow if all is true but if it is likely we have bought the land then that will undoubtedly include any ammenties surrounding the ground, football village, bars, everything we'll need and as landowners/landlords surely this will increase revenue to the club as well
Just a thought

Bring on tomorrow
This is key for me mate. I've said it all along. If we can make revenue on a match day, and during the week even, from streams outside ticket pricing then that will set us up long term.

Missing the point mate.

People claiming LCC taking out a massive loan , I'm asking what assurances are the Council able to put up ?
They dont have a pot to pish in & teetering on bancruptcy every year.

Doesnt make sense Moshiri's personal wealth being put up as guarantees , he could sell up at any time he wants.

Probably the same reason why they can apparently secure a preferential interest rate despite being brassic - public institutions/government must be held to different standards than private companies, maybe due to ultimate backing from central government for example.

Its the loanee that would need assurances .

Not following. If the council borrows money it can do on the basis of all the money that comes in. (council tax etc.) As its income is safe as houses, the banks will loan LCC at a lower interest rate as it's low risk.

LCC will have contract with Everton naming the people that are responsible should EFC fold, Moshiri will be high up on the list i would imagine. That enables the council to facilitate this knowing there is no (or little) risk to them.

The LCC are NOT funding the stadium, but there are ways that they can facilitate access to finance for the club. If you think back to that letter Moshiri & Usmanov issued to Arsenal, they emphasised that they objected to the debt being a massive burden to the club for a long time. Moshiri is avoiding that here. The deal will not impact on player acquisition or selling.

Anyone would think that Moshiri was an accountant, or something

This is key for me mate. I've said it all along. If we can make revenue on a match day, and during the week even, from streams outside ticket pricing then that will set us up long term.
Agreed ...Mosh is no idiot ...an accountant by trade to billionaires he will know the revenue streams they can take advantage of other than inside the stadium .....it doesn't surprise me that he is probably the architect to all of this

Missing the point mate.

People claiming LCC taking out a massive loan , I'm asking what assurances are the Council able to put up ?
They dont have a pot to pish in & teetering on bancruptcy every year.

Doesnt make sense Moshiri's personal wealth being put up as guarantees , he could sell up at any time he wants.
The Council has billions in land, a fairly predictable income stream and is in some respects guaranteed by central government.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back