New Everton Stadium

Arbitrary is the one thing the figures won't have been. The council officials have a legal duty to present reasonable, realistic figures to cabinet for review. They cannot just pull a number from thin air.

No chance of that happening. Their ground is too big for them now. The owners won't take it because it'll take too long to pay back. The Main Stand is quicker to pay off because it's corporate.

Anfield Road rebuild will take capacity to 58k anyway. THat's in the planning permission.

Exactly. Liverpool Football Club have never commanded crowds that high regularly either. Their highest home league crowd ever is 58,757 v Chelsea so they should stick to their limitations and 60,000 would be too high with the facts to back it up.

Crowds at Everton are a completely different ball game as our highest league crowd was 78,299 for the very big games (derbies), and back then we could even get 74-76,000 against Preston and Burnley.

Obviously times have changed but there is only one club in the City that's proved they have had the demand for 60 and 70,000 at certain points in our history. That lot aren't even able to sell out 54,000 at the moment. Haven't once got in to the 54,000 region even in their biggest games.

Arbitrary is the one thing the figures won't have been. The council officials have a legal duty to present reasonable, realistic figures to cabinet for review. They cannot just pull a number from thin air.
I totally understand people's concerns with that figure being used in the Mayoral Recommendation letter, but I am willing to bet 12 months of my avatar thumbnail that the final capacity will be closer to 59,000 than 50,000.

At the end of the day the club could announce a 200,000 seat stadium but it wont matter until transport solutions,entrance and exits are planned plus a host of other things,the 50,000 is just an arbitory figure until things can be discussed and planned

Considering the thousands of obstructed views within Goodison and we're still selling out like this, that's some going.

FB_IMG_1490398391629.webp

Add to the fact there's going to be a waiting list for season tickets ... the quoted and rumoured capacity of 50,000 can literally get out of my sight.

They can't fill what they have.....

In fairness is it not the corporate allocation they are struggling to sell? It is irelevant anyway. Their choice to remain at Anfield is a romantic one but if the pieces come together for us with the infrastructure and regeneration work then our move should give us an advantage albeit a long term one.

Considering the thousands of obstructed views within Goodison and we're still selling out like this, that's some going.

View attachment 35622

Add to the fact there's going to be a waiting list for season tickets ... the quoted and rumoured capacity of 50,000 can literally get out of my sight.
The Bayern figure looks weird to me.

Seems strange that not a single away ticket, for example, for ANY game is unsold?

At the end of the day the club could announce a 200,000 seat stadium but it wont matter until transport solutions,entrance and exits are planned plus a host of other things,the 50,000 is just an arbitory figure until things can be discussed and planned
Yep, at this stage the discussions with LCC and the cabinet are solely based on setting up the SPV, "will you be prepared to be guarantor of a £300m loan to EFC". If they say "yes" based on the info they have now, the fact that the capacity rises will have no bearing on that, in fact a larger capacity will mean more income for EFC so more security for the SPV.

It's when the planning permission process starts that they'll get into the nitty gritty of final numbers. And some would suggest that this is informally further down the line that has officially been announced.

Yep, at this stage the discussions with LCC and the cabinet are solely based on setting up the SPV, "will you be prepared to be guarantor of a £300m loan to EFC". If they say "yes" based on the info they have now, the fact that the capacity rises will have no bearing on that, in fact a larger capacity will mean more income for EFC so more security for the SPV.

It's when the planning permission process starts that they'll get into the nitty gritty of final numbers. And some would suggest that this is informally further down the line that has officially been announced.
I have the feeling myself things are more advanced than has been let known,think its a case of making sure all the paperwork is all in order before making any major announcements

You may be right in terms of the SPV - it could be the limit the council is willing to guarantee - but what is to stop EFC funding additional capacity themselves ?

Not sure we are paying capital off, we are paying effectively rent on a lease with the right to by at the end of 40 years as far as I know. How much that final payment would be is not clear though. With regard to the rate, EFC borrows secured money at about 8% (for example the factored media rights), local authorities borrow at about 1 % over Gilt so I think about 3% at mo. Every 1% of interest on 300m is 9m, so plenty of scope there.
After the 40 years we own the stadium and the land. The Capital will be paid off yearly as with any loan.

Basically we are getting a mortgage but it can't be called that for legal terms so it's classed as a lease, but don't get it wrong this is our stadium that WE OWN and the land we will own.

If all goes to plan and we are in the stadium for the 20/21 season. Is that enough time for all the required transport upgrades and any of the talked about regeneration projects to complete or is there a risk we end up in a stadium where for a couple if years we are in a pretty baron location that is not easily accessible?
There already work going on there. An has been since last year

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back