New Everton Stadium

Everton have to put aside 3 times the amount of 1 annual cost in case something goes bad. 43 mil is put aside as a sort insurance just in case it goes bad

Ah, I'd missed that. That's a good secondary insurance, aside from the initial isolation of revenue streams until the advance rent is paid.

As I said, for me the risk is negligible, but you can bet our lovable neighbours will play that risk up as much as they can.

After the 40 years we own the stadium and the land. The Capital will be paid off yearly as with any loan.

Basically we are getting a mortgage but it can't be called that for legal terms so it's classed as a lease, but don't get it wrong this is our stadium that WE OWN and the land we will own.

No, definitely only an option to acquire the stadium (http://councillors.liverpool.gov.uk...n FC New Stadium - Deal Terms RTC45.pdfSecond paragraph first page).

Hopefully it's just a nominal amount. The land we are buying a 200 year lease (though that's less clear cut, in some places it says we are buying it, in others that peel is granting a lease to the lenders. Certainly page 11 para 2 refers to EFC have the right to acquire "stadium/stadium site" after 40 years).

Only thing that worries me about these RS complaints is the point about ultimate liability lying with the LCC SPV as guarantor.

It would take a truly bizarre set of circumstances for them to be left carrying the can - I.e multiple relegations, administration etc, but it is, in theory, possible.

Now I don't think it's a problem, but the RS argument will be that LCC is taking on risk, however low that risk is.

It's whether that the council cabinet take a view that they should never take on any risk whatsoever, and whether the argument sticks that if the unthinkable happens to Everton, and the council end up liable.

Hopefully the council can make a reasoned decision on Risk/reward/likelihood, and not get sucked into worst case scenario decision.

4 mill a year, the free regeneration of L4 for them, and the regeneration of the northern dock area should help convince them to take on what is the smallest risk of any investment decision they'll probably ever make in the city.

We should be worried about the preliminary 50k capacity figure. It is there for one of three reasons:

1. It is what the club want
2. It is the most LCC/Peel will allow for the site
3. We do not think we can afford anything bigger

Any of these three would be troubling. Be clear nobody goes to all this trouble to negotiate complex deals with Peel & LCC and then puts a meaningless figure at the heart of the submission.

Echo/twitter polls & the dialogue on here suggest a majority of fans think it is too small. We'll see if the claimed consultation listens and changes things or if it is just used as a cover to justify the existing plan. Elstone has previous for the latter.
Has the 50K been confirmed anywhere?

4 mill a year, the free regeneration of L4 for them, and the regeneration of the northern dock area should help convince them to take on what is the smallest risk of any investment decision they'll probably ever make in the city.

Hope you're right. Minimal risk for me, but will no doubt form the basis of the decision, and the RS will overplay at the risk at any opportunity.

Here is an interesting video regarding the Emirates Project. If you have time it is well worth a look. It gives a real good insight into what is involved in a stadium project. Having watched the video, it appears Everton do not have as many obstacles to clear than what Arsenal did.

watching all these other PL team stadiums...they pretty much all look like out dated. anfield obviously is just deformed but imagine fellow evertonians....in few years we will have brand sparkling new iconic stadium in liverpool skyline. ffs.pinch me balls..

did Dunc actually say this? lol crying here like
ffs dunno why its loaded so small.

499356b699cd0c98cc79926ce766e230.jpg

A few have mentioned the cost of filling in the dock as adding a significant amount to the overall cost of the stadium build. But architects are trained to work with the landscape. So to me it makes sense to drain and seal the dock and turn it into a ready made underground car park.

If you wanted to build this type of underground structure under an existing building it would cost tens of millions of pounds. Here we have a ready made hole in the ground.

The club could offer a special premium season ticket with some kind of bar scanner which would enable you to drive directly into the underground part of the stadium to your own parking space and take a lift up to the game.

Just an idea.....

A few have mentioned the cost of filling in the dock as adding a significant amount to the overall cost of the stadium build. But architects are trained to work with the landscape. So to me it makes sense to drain and seal the dock and turn it into a ready made underground car park.

If you wanted to build this type of underground structure under an existing building it would cost tens of millions of pounds. Here we have a ready made hole in the ground.

The club could offer a special premium season ticket with some kind of bar scanner which would enable you to drive directly into the underground part of the stadium to your own parking space and take a lift up to the game.

Just an idea.....

Iirc they did something along those lines with Liverpool One, there was definitely a dock cause they had to leave some of it viewable

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back