New Everton Stadium

In all seriousness? They were really good blokes who spent an hour chatting away over various stuff both Everton and non Everton... to then come straight on the internet and repeat the conversations all over forums and social media seems like a really [Poor language removed] thing to do and may harm chances of them being to willing to meet and chat with fans in the future.

I've gone from being apprehensive at leaving Goodison to unbelievably excited though - they just seem to get it, they're not going to let us down on this
Why come on in the first place? I have unbelievable news its fantastic but it would be wrong of me to tell you!
Thanks for that

;)

That one statement alone gives me huge optimism and gets the old pulse racing... never mind all the questions about what we'd get for £300 million etc etc...

Architects of his standing don't issue statements like that unless he knows he's going to deliver something we haven't seen the like of before.... we've waited so long fellow Blues, taken kicks in the teeth over the years but I think this is our payback... This ground will make everyone sit up and take notice!;)

Davek's head must have popped reading all of meis' tweets last night. How very unprofessional
lol

I think your right about big Dave - probably having a lie down to try and get over it.

Personally I think it was very interesting and gives a real indication about the fella to see the level of detail he will go to in the name of research to make sure he gets it right. There can not be that many world renowned architects that after a day of meetings would nip down to the Bramley Moore pub for a pint and a game of darts and a chin wag with the lads:pint2: then head off to a fan event for a bit more :pint2:

I think he is doing whatever he can to ensure that he absolutely "gets it" in terms of what Everton and being an Evertonian is all about.

Cant wait to see what he comes up with - get a move on Dan :whip:

In all seriousness? They were really good blokes who spent an hour chatting away over various stuff both Everton and non Everton... to then come straight on the internet and repeat the conversations all over forums and social media seems like a really [Poor language removed] thing to do and may harm chances of them being to willing to meet and chat with fans in the future.

I've gone from being apprehensive at leaving Goodison to unbelievably excited though - they just seem to get it, they're not going to let us down on this

Are you really Dan Meis? And you're just here to tease us all that little bit more :dodgy:

Thoughts on the Everton fans on Twitter organising a protest as they are unhappy we have to share a stadium with the Council? I'm not happy about it and I'd rather own the stadium than pay rent to the Council!

Yeah.... because we've done so (poor language removed) well when we've owned our own ground haven't we. Let's just stay where we are... forget trying to win stuff and compete at the top table... we should just aim to try and stay in The Premier League and be thankful.. just so long as we own our own ground outright... FFS... and yes I was being sarcastic.

lol

I think your right about big Dave - probably having a lie down to try and get over it.

Personally I think it was very interesting and gives a real indication about the fella to see the level of detail he will go to in the name of research to make sure he gets it right. There can not be that many world renowned architects that after a day of meetings would nip down to the Bramley Moore pub for a pint and a game of darts and a chin wag with the lads:pint2: then head off to a fan event for a bit more :pint2:

I think he is doing whatever he can to ensure that he absolutely "gets it" in terms of what Everton and being an Evertonian is all about.

Cant wait to see what he comes up with - get a move on Dan :whip:
Top post lad.. bang on! ;)

let the echo write whatever they want. the council are onboard, litterally in bed with us. we are in a no lose situation. they are not going to give up £4.4m in revenue every year for the next 40 years no matter what anyone says!

I would be far more concerned if we were heading into the development without the council behind us. imagine trying to pull this off without the mosh and letting elstone doing all the talking! he would get laughed out of the office

Echos latest stadium headline: "Could new stadium threaten world heritage status"

I can't see how if the new museum, Echo Arena and the whole of the South End docks didn't. Even if it does I don't know of any hard benefits having World Heritage has. It's just a name

This feller Meis is a loose cannon. I'd laugh if Everton gave the job to Herzog and left Meis on the sidelines to tweet his disappointment.

He may be another factor why Peel allowed us to buy the land in the first place. It's not like we are going to put up a bland carbon copy of stadium MK, as one of the most renowned names in the business it's going to be like adding a work of art to bookend the development.

So he may well be a loose cannon but he is our loose cannon.

I like all I have seen and heard from Meis. Clearly not afraid to talk up the stadium, and his role in it.

I like people like that, confident in their own ability and in that of their team, but not to a degree where everything is about them.

He will push the boundaries on our behalf, and be an advocate for fans in the design, I am sure of that.

He is clearly making the effort to engage to get to know the club/fans past a superficial level, and that can only mean good for the design and construction of the stadium.

I hope he keeps tweeting and talking, I admire his enthusiasm and think we are in good hands to see something unique whilst honouring some aspects of our heritage and history.

In some ways, it also keeps a little pressure on the board, to keep everything going.

I am really looking forward to seeing the fruits of his work, I don't think he will let us down.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back