New Everton Stadium

You know what, mate - and I know the esk wont have this - but I struggle to believe that Moshiri isn't a glorified cats paw of Usmanov's.

No way does a feller like Usmanov hand over 10% of a massive business like Metalloinvest. It sounds most 'un-olgarchic' to me. That cash, imo, is parked with Moshiri. Everton - again imo - are just another Usmanov investment. I would not be at all surprised if this new stadium, if it ever sees the light of day, will be built with his company's steel. Every which way Usmanov/Moshiri will gain from this BMD venture: they'll get the profit from a future club sale boosted into the stratosphere by a new stadium build on a world heritage site and they'll probably be funders of it by loaning money to the club with interest on it via the SPV...and they'll be involved in construction.

This will be a very nice earner for Moshiri and his boss.

In your opinion x

A bean counter worth 2.5B, to be clear. I think the model is Moshiri allowing Usmanov to directly invest what and how he wants into the football market, whether it be advertising or whatnot. But I'm not sure how that negatively affects Everton.

You know what, mate - and I know the esk wont have this - but I struggle to believe that Moshiri isn't a glorified cats paw of Usmanov's.

No way does a feller like Usmanov hand over 10% of a massive business like Metalloinvest to a bean counter. It sounds most 'un-oligarchic' to me. That cash, imo, is parked with Moshiri. Everton - again imo - are just another Usmanov investment. I would not be at all surprised if this new stadium, if it ever sees the light of day, is built with his company's steel. Every which way Usmanov/Moshiri will gain from this BMD venture: they'll get the profit from a future club sale boosted into the stratosphere by a new stadium build on a world heritage site, and they'll probably be funders of it by loaning money to the club with interest on it coming back to them via the SPV...and they'll be involved in construction.

This will be a very nice earner for Moshiri and his boss. An elegantly constructed deal indeed.

Its hard not arrive at that, or similar, conclusion is it?

Like Esk has explained both the How and Why reasons Usmanov wont be running Everton any time soon, if ever. But buying his mates shares, letting him and his mates company lob £75m at a flaming training ground deal, and yeah, possibly/probably selling us a few girders soon, does tend to raise an eyebrow. Or two.

Begs the question; if he aint a shareholder, he aint going to profit from any share price though..........

More complicated than flaming Broadchurch all this.

For Merican readers, you call it something different; TV murder series with David Tennant. Its quite good, and filmed near me.

No way does a feller like Usmanov hand over 10% of a massive business like Metalloinvest to a bean counter. It sounds most 'un-oligarchic' to me. That cash, imo, is parked with Moshiri. Everton - again imo - are just another Usmanov investment. I would not be at all surprised if this new stadium, if it ever sees the light of day, is built with his company's steel. Every which way Usmanov/Moshiri will gain from this BMD venture: they'll get the profit from a future club sale boosted into the stratosphere by a new stadium build on a world heritage site, and they'll probably be funders of it by loaning money to the club with interest on it coming back to them via the SPV...and they'll be involved in construction.

This will be a very nice earner for Moshiri and his boss. An elegantly constructed deal indeed.
You say that like its some kind of pipe-dream that's not achievable!!!!!! Believe it mate its happening....................

Its hard not arrive at that, or similar, conclusion is it?

Like Esk has explained both the How and Why reasons Usmanov wont be running Everton any time soon, if ever. But buying his mates shares, letting him and his mates company lob £75m at a flaming training ground deal, and yeah, possibly/probably selling us a few girders soon, does tend to raise an eyebrow. Or two.

Begs the question; if he aint a shareholder, he aint going to profit from any share price though..........

More complicated than flaming Broadchurch all this.

For Merican readers, you call it something different; TV murder series with David Tennant. Its quite good, and filmed near me.
You'll remember the podcast the esk was involved in a few weeks back - I thought the expert in oligarchs and their football dealings gave a decent overview of where it all fits in: how they structure their whole business empire and integrate football clubs within that model. Forget names on contracts and shares. It is what it is: another part of the Usmanov empire. IMO.

Good post.

As you say, this Usnamov thing just wont go away. Others far more wise to the ways of high finance have explained how difficult it could be for him to extradite himself from Arsenal, and others have suggested that this arms length drip drip drip into us could be a strategy to spook Kroenke into something.

No idea what mind, but he, at the very least, knows exactly what is going on here. Guess the real question is, Why?
Usmanov will find it hard to extradite himself from Arsenal because Kronke doesn't need the shares unless he wants to take the club private , and no one else will spend that amount of money to buy 30% of something that you have absolutely no control over.
Hard BUT NOT impossible.
Where there's a will and a few billion there's a way.

stupid question
Who or what is an Esk

Not stupid at all.

The Esk was a much valued poster and mod on here. He also has a business background and blue heritage that gave him a very very good insight into stuff like finance and shares and such gubbins.

He still lurks on here, so I will not comment on why he no longer posts. Thats between him and those that know.

Check his Everton musings out on Twitter. Same user name.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back