New Everton Stadium

Surely, because of FFP, Usmanov cannot add much more to the project than Moshiri? Once the stadium is built, and Mosh is master of these SPVs, we can only invest relative to what we earn? How would having his gazillions help? (as stupid as that sounds!)
his companies sponsor our shirt sleeves for 50m a year, the tea ladies urn is sponsored by his tea making subsidury in india etc etc etc.

We would easily get 60,000 every game. Even if it meant selling a few thousand tickets cheap to make sure. I don't know where you live but Merseyside with a population of 1.5 million has huge potential support for EFC. Never heard of any kids around here supporting Chelsea or Man City.

Nowhere near Merseyside ha. I know we have a massive following and a massive potential, I don't think we'd be selling out 60k every week straight away though

Just to clarify, I was first under the impression we would fill 60k and that's the kind of capacity I'd like us to aim for, hence being happy with 58k, I see that figure as very positive if true, especially considering the rumours of 50k.

Believe me when l say this but there is so much love for Everton outside of Liverpool that a new 60k+ stadium would easily be filled. Most people want an alternative to the likes of the RS and Manure but can't go to GP because of parking restrictions around the ground and availability of tickets. A new stadium with better access/parking and increased capacity will have them flocking there. It's a given!

Excellent point.

It's pricey to extend capacity in the future (Liverpool's stand expansion being exhibit A). The whole point of the stadium is to drive revenue, I'd be baffled by a low capacity, it makes no commercial sense. Honestly as long as that slug Elstone has no way innit we should be fine.

Yes, I cant see it being smaller than West Ham's ground i.e. 58,000.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back