New Everton Stadium

It's not that pricey if the ground is built with easy expansion in mind. Comparisons to Anfield aren't that reliable.
If you are building because you need increased capacity than than means you are already losing out on gate receipts. If you build in the ability to expand then you have already payed a large portion of the money for seats you haven't got ,and the second part of the expansion will still cost considerably more than it would initially, seems a false economy.
Ideally you don't sell everything you've got , you sell everything you can.

Imagine a blue version of Westfalenstadion's southern stand on derby day:

View attachment 35981
Throughout all the conversations and posting of pictures of many fantastic stadiums on this thread, no ground has impressed me more than the Westfalenstadion. I always come back to it as the perfect template for the ground I would like us to build.

Throughout all the conversations and posting of pictures of many fantastic stadiums on this thread, no ground has impressed me more than the Westfalenstadion. I always come back to it as the perfect template for the ground I would like us to build.

My thoughts exactly.

Magnificent stadium.

Interestingly calibrated, too. It can hold up to 83,000 people in the Bundesliga, mainly thanks to the terracing. Its capacity for international matches is only 66,000, though, because terracing isn't allowed at that level.

It's not that pricey if the ground is built with easy expansion in mind. Comparisons to Anfield aren't that reliable.

Granted the Etihad probably isn't as cheap to expand as say a ground that was specifically desgined to do so like a Cardiff City or Stadium MK where the roof is/was already higher to leave space for an extra tier, but it appears it costed them around 60 million to add an extra 7000 seats = a cost per seat of £8571.

That's getting on for 50% extra to add at a later date than Dan Meis has indicated the stadium can be built for in the first place.

The problem with allowing for easy expansion is you most likely end up with an identikit stadium. Although saying that with the rumours that there will be nods to Goodison it may be a 4 stand stadium that we can fill in the corners at somepoint.

I would also note that due to the guarantor situation unless the cash to expand is paid up front there may be little will within the council/city to risk more finance and the fact that later in Everton terms has always meant never.

We should be building the maximum we can now up to the point the fit and finish is still of a high standard. Obviously there would be little point building a 70k stadium but say if at 65k the sums regarding total cost and the repayments were in the expected zone and it was still top class, we should go for that. (If that calculation happens to top out at 58k then fair enough)

I do not want the marketing department to have an easy life, more seats just means they need to work harder to shift them. :) Everyone at the club from here on in should be striving to be the best as per Southalls comments in his chat with Adam.

Granted the Etihad probably isn't as cheap to expand as say a ground that was specifically desgined to do so like a Cardiff City or Stadium MK where the roof is/was already higher to leave space for an extra tier, but it appears it costed them around 60 million to add an extra 7000 seats = a cost per seat of £8571.

That's getting on for 50% extra to add at a later date than Dan Meis has indicated the stadium can be built for in the first place.

The problem with allowing for easy expansion is you most likely end up with an identikit stadium. Although saying that with the rumours that there will be nods to Goodison it may be a 4 stand stadium that we can fill in the corners at somepoint.

I would also note that due to the guarantor situation unless the cash to expand is paid up front there may be little will within the council/city to risk more finance and the fact that later in Everton terms has always meant never.

We should be building the maximum we can now up to the point the fit and finish is still of a high standard. Obviously there would be little point building a 70k stadium but say if at 65k the sums regarding total cost and the repayments were in the expected zone and it was still top class, we should go for that. (If that calculation happens to top out at 58k then fair enough)

I do not want the marketing department to have an easy life, more seats just means they need to work harder to shift them. :) Everyone at the club from here on in should be striving to be the best as per Southalls comments in his chat with Adam.
I agree with you we should be building the maximum we can now and I do want a finished product.
I wouldn't get to hung up on the 50,000 seat figure they initially announced. These are usually minimum figures and as the project gains momentum and more interest and let's face it excitement takes hold they work out and settle on the desired capacity.
When Tottenham announced that all the land around White Fart Lane had been secured they said it was going to be a 57,000 seat football stadium built by KSS.. (they're the crowd who built the dark tower extension over at Castle Greyskull).
When Spurs owners gauged fan reaction and interest as well as doing a deal to be a part time London NFL ground they upped the capacity to be just bigger than Arsenal and even changed the architect to Populous architects, they're better at multi-purpose stadium design to accommodate a retractable footy pitch with NFL astroturfing underneath. KSS are regarded as a bit safe and just do fit for purpose stuff, just take a look at the hole punch.
My point is as this project gathers momentum and more and more excitement is shown ( I've met literally loads of Evertonians who went regular but don't now because they want to take their kids or they kept getting duff seats and who have said they can't wait to go back once it's on the dock because it will be easy to get to and they will "make a day of it with the family because they'll be something to do before and after the game" take these type of Blues into account and lads who have wained but are desperate to be part of a new stadium/era plus bigger away allocations who all wanna go see the new ground etc.
We will deffo need we'll more than 50K. Moshiri and Meis will settle on a figure (Praying for 61878) and top out at that with a finished product and as far as having 4 sides and 'filling them in at a later date' that is just not going to happen mate. They will either be joined by a very slight curve (not bowl) or Meis will have glass concourses or hospitality lounges that look both in to the pitch and out to the river or city, like he did with Stadio del Roma or something. It's always best to start off with a modest announcement and then let it snowball to where you want.... I hope...;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back