New Everton Stadium

It'd be his fault because he'd have locked Everton in to paying debt off across two generations, in which time the fortunes of the football industry will have inevitably fluctuated. Spurs' pay off period is a more manageable decade with a naming rights deal and share expansion doing the heavy lifting.

Wrong

Spurs have borrowed half of the £750m build costs from 3 main lenders on a short term 5 year basis when they will then refinance that debt over a much longer period

The other half is coming from advance ticket sales (years worth). The rent from the NFL and naming rights.

Our £15m annual lease cost doesn't even factor in the naming rights . Why do you even bother? Seriously?

It'd be his fault because he'd have locked Everton in to paying debt off across two generations, in which time the fortunes of the football industry will have inevitably fluctuated. Spurs' pay off period is a more manageable decade with a naming rights deal and share expansion doing the heavy lifting.

You cant dismiss every argument as 'agenda'. How on earth are you figuring that debt hanging over the club for 40 years is supportable?

No doubt there is. The local state and local notable landowners are coming into contact with a football club. We better make sure that club isn't shackled to a financial nightmare package it'll never recover from.

Dave, Dave, Dave...Even a league 1 club (Wolves at the time) had a turnover high enough to comfortably pay for the stadium. Even if the skies fall in you would imagine the top division clubs will still better the income of a moderate sized club in the 3rd division. With proper forward planning that repayment can easily be covered.

Unless something new comes up to give doubts the constant doom mongering at this stage is at best tiring.

We know he's not footing the stadium bill, the club is via a securitization deal on all its revenue.

As for risk: the risk is longer term than that feller will be around here for...unless he's planning to hang around for 30 odd years. He wont be here if we cant in the future make repayments.
The club won't be footing the bill , the stadium naming rights and other sponsorship deals will cover that many fold.

Rumour has it that our former poster The Esk is in the throes of some further financial analysis that could see the value of the club and the new stadium reach heights previously unthinkable...

Should be an interesting read whenever and wherever he publishes it.

Indeed. He suggests the new ground will increase the club value by £200-400m, which will make a superb (and quick) return on the investment. Will make a better analysis than some of the naysayers on here, sat in a bedsit with an abacus...

Maybe. But this is 40 years duration. Rewind 30 years and no one would look at a football club...they'd run away from them. The industry was on its knees.

This game runs in cycles.
I got my first mortgage at the height of the property boom when you only needed a £2 deposit and a job in macccies, then we had the crash, still managed to make the monthly repayments. 10 years later, I'm in a better house ( bigger mortgage ) and can still make the monthly repayments on a mortgage that stretches for another 29 years, I'm sure Everton will manage to do just fine out of this.

I got my first mortgage at the height of the property boom when you only needed a £2 deposit and a job in macccies, then we had the crash, still managed to make the monthly repayments. 10 years later, I'm in a better house ( bigger mortgage ) and can still make the monthly repayments on a mortgage that stretches for another 29 years, I'm sure Everton will manage to do just fine out of this.

Ay up, a common sense post that flies in the face of Daves' reluctance to find anything overtly positive to say...

Thanks mate ;)

They dont make land any more.

The value of said land can go up and down, but they cant make any more.

Other than in Dubai I guess. But I cant see a sandbank being lobbed in the Mersey for footballers to buy.

They dont make land any more.

The value of said land can go up and down, but they cant make any more.

Other than in Dubai I guess. But I cant see a sandbank being lobbed in the Mersey for footballers to buy.

My point was that we don't mind taking mortgages out for 30 years ourselves but seem to have a problem with a football club doing the same.

My point was that we don't mind taking mortgages out for 30 years ourselves but seem to have a problem with a football club doing the same.
'We' don't have a problem with it though mate, virtually all can see it for what it is - a clever piece of funding

Only one person is suggesting on here that we've just been stitched up by a snake oil salesman.

Amazingly that person is the same one who manages to create a negative slant on everything Everton, now a certain person has moved on that is.

Dull in the extreme

'We' don't have a problem with it though mate, virtually all can see it for what it is - a clever piece of funding

Only one person is suggesting on here that we've just been stitched up by a snake oil salesman.

Amazingly that person is the same one who manages to create a negative slant on everything Everton, now a certain person has moved on that is.

Dull in the extreme
HaHa thats true

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back