New Everton Stadium

I love the swings in this thread from utter doom to unbridled joy. My take if anyone cares is that at the heart of the doubts/criticisms there is a valid concern around long-term cost, lack of true ownership & no/low risk taken by Moshiri.

It isn't quite the money spunking billionaire of our dreams but nor is it a racket or a con. It is just a businessman doing business to potentially maximise his return at acceptable risk. To some extent everyone wins if it is successful as worst case we will be more attractive to new investors but Moshiri isn't a sugar daddy.

Moshiri has it in his power to dispel many of the doubts by putting just a small proportion of his own wealth at risk by providing £50-100m of the total cost either as interest free loans or new capital. There is no compelling business reason for him to do so but it is a gesture he could make if he wanted to reassure fans or fund a more expensive build. I doubt he will unless mood swings heavily towards the negative amongst the fan base and the media impairing our attractiveness to players/agents.

Most fans will, right or wrong, care more about how much we spend this summer forgetting that PL restrictions limit how much net we can spunk away. My prediction is a £30m net spend and a few more people in the doubters camp not because "Moshiri is a fraud" but because we are restricted by the rules brought in to prevent more Chelsea/City situations.

Hasnt he already given the club 80m interest free loan?

Increase the club value by £200m? If tHat is true then surely we can all see how we've been played. We can see that, can't we?
Now you may say 'if Moshiri makes £200m having sold on the club three years after he bought it without putting a penny in then good luck to him'. Fair enough, I'll be sick though. It would make Gillett and Hicks look like freedom fighters
lollol

Says it all: if he sells up he stands to make a mint but the club will still be paying off a huge debt...and it'll be way more than the £300M figure bandied about, the esk knows that also.
Whether he stays or goes we pay it anyway. Why are you so concerned if he sells up?
We'll be able to make the payments.

Says it all: if he sells up he stands to make a mint but the club will still be paying off a huge debt...and it'll be way more than the £300M figure bandied about, the esk knows that also.
So given that our current value is probably around £175m, we'll be looking at a value of around £360m or so by 2021?

Having said that, some higher table finishes and the possibility of European football - hopefully - would increase that further...

Maybe £400m+ is possible?

That's allowing for the 'asset loss' of Goodison too.

Increase the club value by £200m? If tHat is true then surely we can all see how we've been played. We can see that, can't we?
Now you may say 'if Moshiri makes £200m having sold on the club three years after he bought it without putting a penny in then good luck to him'. Fair enough, I'll be sick though. It would make Gillett and Hicks look like freedom fighters

Firstly, he's already put £80m in.

Secondly, a comparison with H&G? Really?

They 'bought' the RS with £7m a piece and leveraged the rest of the purchase price onto the club i.e. LFC was paying the loan that they used to buy the club with. Where's the correlation?

So given that our current value is probably around £175m, we'll be looking at a value of around £360m or so by 2021?

Having said that, some higher table finishes and the possibility of European football - hopefully - would increase that further...

Maybe £400m+ is possible?

That's allowing for the 'asset loss' of Goodison too.
I'm sure there'd be takers too.

Moshiri would get out with his share expenditure and £80M loan/debt restructuring plus about £100M for his troubles.

That word "clever' seems apt.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back