New Everton Stadium

• The stadium will cost £300M
  • External parties holding all revenues is not a problem
  • 40 years exposure to a massive debt is no concern
  • "The Mosh" has got this
....it just beggars belief.

It's like Johnson and Kenwright never happened.

You once said you were a simple man when it comes to finances etc. unfortunately it shows.

You keep conveniently missing the point that there are risks any way you finance a project this size. If Moshiri raised the money himself, if he dies or if he decides to pull the plug at any time we could be decimated by constant selling of players, withholding of TV revenues.

The point about external parties holding revenues is just wrong. The SVP hold a bank account that we pay into, as long as the repayment amount is in that account, (Along with what I believe is 5 years worth of repayments further reducing risks) then our other revenues are safe and sound, if we fail to pay then the council have access to our account in which all our revenues are paid into, seems fair to me.

Johnson and Kenwright failed, it appears Moshiri is succeeding so i can't see how you can compare them.

Smarter men than you and I will maul over the fine details when they become available, if it turns out to be a suicidal deal for the club i will join you in chaining myself to the excavators. Until then it just seems like you are peddling anti Moshiri views just to suit your narrative.

The issue is that he's taken 200m out of the club without putting a penny in, so clearly the club was undervalued and ripe to be taken over by a savvy operator looking to make a fast buck. He walks away once the stadium is built and stuffs 200m in his pocket. I'm shocked that everybody is happy with that scenario
He's put £80m in, and if he did ever walk away with a £200m net profit then that'd mean he'd trebled the value of the club and we'd therefore by definition be in a better place than when he found us, which is a good thing, no?

He's put £80m in, and if he did ever walk away with a £200m net profit then that'd mean he'd trebled the value of the club and we'd therefore by definition be in a better place than when he found us, which is a good thing, no?
No. Everton was always an undervalued club. He s spotted an opportunity to get the club to build its own ground, whereupon the clubs proper valuation is achieved (Goodison was always holding us back) and he walks away having made a monster killing with zero risk.
All this crap we've heard from Esk about how we are with the jet set now, how Mosh is a game changer. It's all rubbish, he is not and never had any intention of funding Everton's bid to get back int he big time. Al he's doing is exploiting an undervalued asset so he can walk wway with millions

No. Everton was always an undervalued club. He s spotted an opportunity to get the club to build its own ground, whereupon the clubs proper valuation is achieved (Goodison was always holding us back) and he walks away having made a monster killing with zero risk.
All this crap we've heard from Esk about how we are with the jet set now, how Mosh is a game changer. It's all rubbish, he is not and never had any intention of funding Everton's bid to get back int he big time. Al he's doing is exploiting an undervalued asset so he can walk wway with millions
yes, so we needed someone with the wherewithal to unyoke us (financially) from that

http://en.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/114687.html

So yeah, they didn't invest as they didn't want an outdated stadium.

Hardly Bills fault.

In defense of @davek in this particular story you link the quotes all come from Bill himself.

My work brings me into regular contact with the Al Nayhan family and I was with Shk Mansour about 6 months after the takeover.

We got talking about football (he had no idea who I supported) and I asked him "Why Man City?"

"We tried Everton first but recieved no encouragement to proceed."

Two theories behind this rebuff from EFC: The 'exclusivity agreement we had surrounding desperation Kirkby OR BK and Phil didn't want to sell.

I disagree on most of Dave's points, but in this case, he's bang on. Thanks Bill.

Last edited:
The issue is that he's taken 200m out of the club without putting a penny in, so clearly the club was undervalued and ripe to be taken over by a savvy operator looking to make a fast buck. He walks away once the stadium is built and stuffs 200m in his pocket. I'm shocked that everybody is happy with that scenario
where does it say he is selling mate?

He is putting in his time, efforts and contacts to moving us forward. He has given us a loan that stops us wasting 6 million a year and prevents him getting interest and potentially investing elsewhere. If he wasn't here the club would be in the same situation and not be worth any more, it's down to him we will be so again no issues with him making money from his investment.

Any Times subscribers post the full version of this?

Everton will consider making provision for a running track in their proposed £350 million new stadium on the banks of the River Mersey in a move which could help Liverpool host the Commonwealth Games in 2022.

The city is bidding to stage the games in five years, following the withdrawal of Durban, or in 2026 and has finalised a team to oversee their campaign, which will be chaired by former FA chief executive Brian Barwick.

Everton’s plans to relocate from Goodison Park to an iconic arena at Bramley-Moore Dock are at an embryonic stage as the club seeks to secure funding for the project and draw up designs ahead of a planning application at the end of the year.

I would hope that it goes on to say a temporary one.

Oh I see, so I dreamt the thousands of posts that said Bill was pricing us out a sale because the value he'd put on the club was way beyond it's value.

Now it seems Moshiri has stolen it. All he has to do to get his hands on the cash is build us a dream riverside home on a World Heritage site, and find £350m to pay for it. The slippery get.

You once said you were a simple man when it comes to finances etc. unfortunately it shows.

You keep conveniently missing the point that there are risks any way you finance a project this size. If Moshiri raised the money himself, if he dies or if he decides to pull the plug at any time we could be decimated by constant selling of players, withholding of TV revenues.

The point about external parties holding revenues is just wrong. The SVP hold a bank account that we pay into, as long as the repayment amount is in that account, (Along with what I believe is 5 years worth of repayments further reducing risks) then our other revenues are safe and sound, if we fail to pay then the council have access to our account in which all our revenues are paid into, seems fair to me.

Johnson and Kenwright failed, it appears Moshiri is succeeding so i can't see how you can compare them.

Smarter men than you and I will maul over the fine details when they become available, if it turns out to be a suicidal deal for the club i will join you in chaining myself to the excavators. Until then it just seems like you are peddling anti Moshiri views just to suit your narrative.

Agree with this, but unless I'm misremembering the document, the bit in bold isnt quite right

We agree to pay season ticket sales, naming rights, and hospitality revenue streams into the security account, which is essentially locked from us until the 14.5m is paid annually in advance.

No other revenue streams are included - so standard match day tickets, sponsorship(s), merchandise etc, are excluded

Didn't someone on here say that the naming rights of Finch farm equates to the 5 year upfront fee for the loan

Something that moshri saw an opportunity for untapped revenue.

Only in it for himself that lad :blush:;)

I have no doubt Dan Meis could design a stadium that could have a running track incorporated just for the Commonwealth Games.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back