New Everton Stadium

Any Times subscribers post the full version of this?

I would hope that it goes on to say a temporary one.

The Commonwealth games aren't until 2026, so that paints 2 bad scenarios. The first one is we don't get a new ground until 2027/28, the second is we have to build a ground with a big gap around the pitch or some stupid temporary seating around it.

No. Everton was always an undervalued club. He s spotted an opportunity to get the club to build its own ground, whereupon the clubs proper valuation is achieved (Goodison was always holding us back) and he walks away having made a monster killing with zero risk.
All this crap we've heard from Esk about how we are with the jet set now, how Mosh is a game changer. It's all rubbish, he is not and never had any intention of funding Everton's bid to get back int he big time. Al he's doing is exploiting an undervalued asset so he can walk wway with millions

Bingo.

But until we get bought out by a sugar daddy / oligarch / shiekh this is our best option.

Oh I see, so I dreamt the thousands of posts that said Bill was pricing us out a sale because the value he'd put on the club was way beyond it's value.

Now it seems Moshiri has stolen it. All he has to do to get his hands on the cash is build us a dream riverside home on a World Heritage site, and find £350m to pay for it. The slippery get.
Now that the Council have guaranteed the loan, all he's gotta do is get pp. not bad with a 200m pot at the end eh?

Now that the Council have guaranteed the loan, all he's gotta do is get pp. not bad with a 200m pot at the end eh?

Yeah mate they did that all by themselves, it's not like he's been negotiating with Peel and the council at all like, it just happened.

The £200m pot currently only exists in your head mate. As I said earlier, if he's ever going to leave with that level of profit, then he'll be leaving the club in a far better state than he found it, so what's the issue?

Love the shock and outrage at "Football Club owner could stand to make money from investment".

We need to find a new manager and 25 new players, who will play for free, and don't take any money out of Everton, as that's bang out of order.

As Danny Baker once pointed out, when you go the game, every single person in that stadium is making money - players, coaches, medics, caterers, stewards, cameramen, commentators.

Everyone except the fans, who pay to be there.

This shouldn't be new to anyone.

Yeah mate they did that all by themselves, it's not like he's been negotiating with Peel and the council at all like, it just happened.

The £200m pot currently only exists in your head mate. As I said earlier, if he's ever going to leave with that level of profit, then he'll be leaving the club in a far better state than he found it, so what's the issue?
I'm using Esks figures for the 200m.
The whole point of getting the new stadium was so we could increase turnover? But any increase in turnover (which is by no means guaranteed, we won't get an extra ten thousand every game, more like three save for the big games) is going to be cancelled out by servicing a half billion debt, and a new owner who has had to find 200m extra just to buy us, and will no doubt put his costs in finding that extra dosh back On the club.
Then throw in the absolute catastrophe of a running track, and suddenly I'm starting to have a few doubts
I'm struggling To think of a worse way for Us to get a new stadium

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back