New Everton Stadium

Maybe we should just stay in a dilapidated stadium and let it fall down around us while continuing the trend of selling our best players and winning Jack all. If this gets everton into the modern era and gets us competing then why do you care if moshiri makes some money out of it? I literally could not give two poos as long as we are left with a fit for purpose future proof stadium and a team that puts pots on the shelves. Honestly people moan about Bill doing nothing, now you're moaning about someone pushing us forward. Baffling

I'm using Esks figures for the 200m.
The whole point of getting the new stadium was so we could increase turnover? But any increase in turnover (which is by no means guaranteed, we won't get an extra ten thousand every game, more like three save for the big games) is going to be cancelled out by servicing a half billion debt, and a new owner who has had to find 200m extra just to buy us, and will no doubt put his costs in finding that extra dosh back On the club.
Then throw in the absolute catastrophe of a running track, and suddenly I'm starting to have a few doubts
I'm struggling To think of a worse way for Us to get a new stadium
Christ.

This is great for the club, there is no doubt about it. A brand spanking new waterfront stadium in an iconic location for the cost of £14.4m per year.

Leaves loads to spend on players. If Moshiri sells then the debt of the stadium will be calculated into the value of the club, so it won't be in his interests to sell instantly. He's here for the long term, with a goal in mind for the club, anyone doubting that is calling him a liar. And if that's all they've got to go on (thinking he's lying)then just lollollollollollollol

The whole point of getting the new stadium was so we could increase turnover? But any increase in turnover (which is by no means guaranteed, we won't get an extra ten thousand every game, more like three save for the big games) is going to be cancelled out by servicing a half billion debt, and a new owner who has had to find 200m extra just to buy us, and will no doubt put his costs in finding that extra dosh back On the club.
Then throw in the absolute catastrophe of a running track, and suddenly I'm starting to have a few doubts

Esk put the potential uplift in the total value of the club at £255m to £400m, which even at the higher figure doesn't equate to £200m net profit for Moshiri, as he's put £80m in already.

Where's £500m come from? You're pulling figures out of your arse mate.

As for that last sentence, really? How about funding a £6k per seat stadium at commercial lending rates for a start off.

A £15m p.a. lease, that could potentially be covered in full by a naming rights deal, and you think it's crap business for the club? Really?

Here's the full story from the times

Everton will consider making provision for a running track in their proposed £350 million new stadium on the banks of the River Mersey in a move which could help Liverpool host the Commonwealth Games in 2022.

The city is bidding to stage the games in five years, following the withdrawal of Durban, or in 2026 and has finalised a team to oversee their campaign, which will be chaired by former FA chief executive Brian Barwick.

Everton’s plans to relocate from Goodison Park to an iconic arena at Bramley-Moore Dock are at an embryonic stage as the club seeks to secure funding for the project and draw up designs ahead of a planning application at the end of the year.

Liverpool City Council has entered into a partnership with Everton which will see it act as guarantor for the loans to build the stadium.

During dialogue between the two parties the Mayor of Liverpool, Joe Anderson, has asked the club to consider including a running track in their blueprint which would allow the arena to host athletics events.

The running track would be replaced by seats when the stadium is in football mode to ensure the supporter proximity to the pitch that Everton want.

“At the end of the day Everton’s desire to have intimacy with the fans is something that I want, too, as a supporter,” said Mayor Anderson. “But that doesn’t mean to say that they have to be at odds with each other.

“It might cost extra but we are happy to talk to Everton about those costs and who meets those costs. As part of our partnership they have to pay us a rental and we might take a window where they don’t do that.

“When the Games were held in Glasgow, they raised the floor. It was a football stadium [Hampden Park] and they changed it to create a bowl affect. We have a unique and better opportunity here because we are starting the stadium from scratch.

“There are all kinds of possibilities. I am not getting worried about that. Everton are in partnership with us and I am confident, without revealing too much.

“They are fully aware of my position and they have told me their design team are looking at that. It is not conditional, but I would be disappointed if we couldn’t work together to find an outcome.

“There is Liverpool’s stadium that could be used as long as that doesn’t damage or do anything to them. Or there is potential for us to develop another site within the city ourselves.”

West Ham United’s move into the London Stadium, built for the Olympics in 2012, at the start of the season saw them utilise 21,000 retractable seats to cover the athletics track and bring supporters as close as possible to the action.

Liverpool’s bid, which could see them use facilities in Manchester such as the cycling Velodrome, will go up against Birmingham if the Government confirms England will stand in for Durban in 2022

The issue is that he's taken 200m out of the club without putting a penny in, so clearly the club was undervalued and ripe to be taken over by a savvy operator looking to make a fast buck. He walks away once the stadium is built and stuffs 200m in his pocket. I'm shocked that everybody is happy with that scenario

he was ripped off imo by kenwright etc for what he paid to buy in originally.

If the stadium is a disaster like you're intimating then there will not be a "£200m pot" at the end of Moshiris spell at the club.

Your scenario just can't happen logically, its either a success for the club hence the increased value or it isnt & Moshiri doesn't get £200m at the end of it.

The fact you think we will only get 43k apart from big games just shows where you are coming from, Fantasy land.

Very insightful stuff this Kev. Please post more

Don't forget it's not just the running track. We need the long jump and high jump areas too.

Plus the pitch will take a fearful pounding from Javelin / Discus / hanmer events too and the opening / closing ceremony

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back