New Everton Stadium

The design for the BMD stadium is already done and will be released when EFC have the funding guaranteed and want to announce it. That's the hold up. It is not a bowl. There is no running track. Why do you think Anderson suddenly started throwing Manchester's name around as hosting some of the events in recent days? Because he now knows there is no chance of a permanent running track at BMD or even a temporary one. Glasgow hosted the 2014 games. Opening & closing ceremonies at Celtic Park (no running track) and athletics at Hampden Park in a different city, Edinburgh. That's what Anderson is referring to - the athletics being held in Manchester.

Really wish I could say more but I can't and I realise that makes me look like the usual dreaded self-styled ITK on here but it's gonna be a 58000 four sided stadium with one side being a massive one tier 15-20000 seater 'kop' stand (for want of a better word). There is not going to be a running track under any circumstances. That's not in Dan's design, that's not the wish of the club, the club realise what a total PR disaster it would be, and they've learned from the West Ham situation, as referenced by Dan himself on Twitter.

The Commonwealth Games bid really has no real influence at all on the design and building of this new stadium. I appreciate some people find that hard to believe due to Joe at times trying to marry up the two concepts together but that really is the case. The design for the BMD stadium will be out long before the outcome of the Commonwealth Games bid is known and they're not putting a running track in on the off chance that Liverpool gets awarded the games, nor is there any contingency plan to change the design and insert a track if the bid is successful.
Go 'ed lad. Great news.

The design for the BMD stadium is already done and will be released when EFC have the funding guaranteed and want to announce it. That's the hold up. It is not a bowl. There is no running track. Why do you think Anderson suddenly started throwing Manchester's name around as hosting some of the events in recent days? Because he now knows there is no chance of a permanent running track at BMD or even a temporary one. Glasgow hosted the 2014 games. Opening & closing ceremonies at Celtic Park (no running track) and athletics at Hampden Park in a different city, Edinburgh. That's what Anderson is referring to - the athletics being held in Manchester.

Really wish I could say more but I can't and I realise that makes me look like the usual dreaded self-styled ITK on here but it's gonna be a 58000 four sided stadium with one side being a massive one tier 15-20000 seater 'kop' stand (for want of a better word). There is not going to be a running track under any circumstances. That's not in Dan's design, that's not the wish of the club, the club realise what a total PR disaster it would be, and they've learned from the West Ham situation, as referenced by Dan himself on Twitter.

The Commonwealth Games bid really has no real influence at all on the design and building of this new stadium. I appreciate some people find that hard to believe due to Joe at times trying to marry up the two concepts together but that really is the case. The design for the BMD stadium will be out long before the outcome of the Commonwealth Games bid is known and they're not putting a running track in on the off chance that Liverpool gets awarded the games, nor is there any contingency plan to change the design and insert a track if the bid is successful.

ITK? Hope you are right in any case.

Not knowing Hampden is in Glasgow suggests minimal checking/research and rather undermines the surrounding narrative. We'll know sometime in the next few months and can decide to celebrate/fume/reserve judgement when we have seen actual designs.

Not knowing Hampden is in Glasgow suggests minimal checking/research and rather undermines the surrounding narrative. We'll know sometime in the next few months and can decide to celebrate/fume/reserve judgement when we have seen actual designs.

Or it just suggests I was a bit distracted whilst posting and made a very minor error that I explained in a subsequent post. The gist of what I was getting at was that 'Glasgow 2014' had events in other cities, like Edinburgh. The athletics, if by some chance Liverpool actually got the games, would take place in Manchester, as intimated by Anderson's recent comments.

People can believe what they like. You're entitled to believe I'm full of it. You'd be wrong like, but that's up to you. As I wrote earlier I know there's some people who will doubt this and that's fine - I personally doubt a lot of the supposed ITKs on here too, usually because they're wrong.

It's a tough one, because I'm a Blue, I like posting on here. You get a bit of info and you want to share it with your fellow blues. I'd love to go into more detail but I can't because I'd be betraying confidences and they'd know who was giving this info then.

In this instance though, I know I'm 100% right. Just thought I'd share my bit in the thread due to the constant talk of a running track that is not going to be a feature.

Last edited:

I'm putting this post with another you made a few weeks back.

-60000 seater stadium at Bramley Moore Dock.
-4 stands, all enclosed, rectangular shape, brick exterior based on the dock warehouses.
-Stadium design will win awards and cause amazing levels of red jealousy.
-Surrounding area will be redeveloped in very similar fashion to the planned Roma development, featuring retail and leisure.
-Bramley Moore Railway Station is a certainty to be built, inserted on the Northern Line between Sandhills and Moorfields.
-Goodison Park site will not be sold to a supermarket or anything like that and will instead be turned into part residential, part Everton In the Community free school, part local community leisure facilities.
-L4 area future secured with a meaningful lasting legacy.

Thursday's announcement will probably be the BMD site purchase by the club and not much else, although an initial new stadium design teaser may be released too.

I'm putting this post with another you made a few weeks back.

So what you're saying is, I said the same things a month ago. Literally the only difference is the capacity will be 58000 and the additional bit about one side being a massive one tier stand.

And my post that you quoted was before I got my latest information which could not be more concrete. Or from a better source. Think what would be the best possible source for information on Everton's new stadium design.

If you want to take this to PMs we can.

So what you're saying is, I said the same things a month ago. Literally the only difference is the capacity will be 58000 and the additional bit about one side being a massive one tier stand.

And my post that you quoted was before I got my latest information which could not be more concrete.

You said 60k.

Just putting all the information together you have said. We can analyse it compared to the designs when it comes out.

And my post that you quoted was before I got my latest information which could not be more concrete. Or from a better source. Think what would be the best possible source for information on Everton's new stadium design.

whats the funding situation?

There are no reliable itk's...

Witsel is ours...

Again you can think that. You're entitled to. Plenty have said stuff that has turned out to be total BS.

All I know is what I posted could not have come from a better source.

I'm not going to spend the next 20+ pages defending myself. I've posted it now and that's that. You/we'll see, hopefully soon.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back