New Everton Stadium

What if he's right, will you apologise to him like?

If it ends up being a 50k bowl you can rip him to bits, but unless you know something that challenges what he's said, then you're just making an assumption.
So are you. You're assuming he's right.

Nobody will know officially until the club reveal their plans.

If you know for certain he's not right then please say why.

He has been predicting quite a few things in the past year and Ive been calling him out on it all the time. He gets in a tiff and runs off. He seems to get his information from the Esk and pretend it to be his own.

In one of his posts last year, he says he is not in the know but suddenly he is. Ive put todays post against one he made a few weeks ago so i can bookmark it and see it against the designs when they come out.

Because they need 'good news' to present at the Everton AGM in two months time at the Philharmonic Hall.

If they announce it now, there will be pressing 'Any progress made yet?' questions in 2 months time.

Will be superb when it's announced.

Roll on November and the Everton AGM.

Cheers Esk.

Good to know I wasn't barking up the wrong tree with my earlier posts on page 970. I mentioned earlier that there was a possibility of the club acquiring the land up to Victoria Tower, but it seems things are further along than what I posted.

November, in conjunction with the Everton AGM at the Philharmonic Hall.

That would seem the most logical time and place.

Think Joe Anderson knows what's going on, to be fair.

We should be aspiring to be at least matching the likes of West Ham, Tottenham and Arsenal. So 60,000 is what we should be aiming for. No less than that. New stadiums ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS attract a significant increase of new fans. There are so many examples of this.

For those keeping record, I'm not in the know or anything, but I predicted months ago that any stadium announcement would be at the AGM in November/December.

That tallies with the MIPIM European development property conference in Cannes, March 14-17 that basically everyone who would be involved in such a development is attending, including the Mayor.

You can't just call someone out and say they are wrong without backing it up with evidence. The old "I know why you're wrong but I can't say why" doesn't wash. They could be right, they could be wrong - we'll find out when the plans are announced. If they're right, we have a new ITK, if they're wrong, they get negged into oblivion.

Just my two-pennorthworth...
I don't think the new stadium will be a bowl...
I don't think the site footprint could accommodate the space for a perimeter athletics track and a, shall we say, 55,000 plus stadium...
If, as has already been strongly suggested, Dan Meis is working to a brief that determines the stadium should be as traditional as possible whilst as modern as possible, and lend itself to being as atmospheric as the best in Europe... then allowing for a significant increase in the number of hospitality/corporate/executive boxes etc, we might be looking at a steep 4-sided (all connected, but not a bowl) stadium.

Just my two-pennorthworth...
I don't think the new stadium will be a bowl...
I don't think the site footprint could accommodate the space for a perimeter athletics track and a, shall we say, 55,000 plus stadium...
If, as has already been strongly suggested, Dan Meis is working to a brief that determines the stadium should be as traditional as possible whilst as modern as possible, and lend itself to being as atmospheric as the best in Europe... then allowing for a significant increase in the number of hospitality/corporate/executive boxes etc, we might be looking at a steep 4-sided (all connected, but not a bowl) stadium.

That would be my take on the design - having the four distinct separate stands is a nice idea, but not financially viable when the available space inside needs to generate the maximum amount of revenue. The gaps between the stands would be wasted space. I'm thinking a "rectangular bowl" interior with all four sides close to the pitch.

Meis isn't going to risk his reputation or integrity by promising what he has mentioned and delivering a soulless bowl. Whatever is delivered will be worthy of having the Everton badge on the side of it - that I'm sure of.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back