New Everton Stadium

Staggering that some of our fans think the regular matchoing support will be consulted about what the capacity etc will be lol. Few fans will be included in any discussions and Everton will have already have a clear view of what they want to do except for a few tweaks. As someone else said later on, if the fans wanted 80,000 do people think they'd compromise and build 70,000? Or if some Kopites hijack a GOT or Liverpool Echo Poll we'll build a 38,000 seater bowl?

FWIW, Spurs did a few surveys of season ticket holders, members and people on the ticketing database prior to finalising stadium designs. These were done via email/post. We were never asked "what should the capacity of the new stadium be?". Questions instead were things like "How likely are you to buy a season ticket if...", or "How much are you willing to spend on...", or "Would you be likely to use the following facilities...". All this info would've been fed into figuring out final capacity.

I'm guessing that's the kind of consultation we're talking about here. It'd be nice if Everton (or Meis drunk tweeting) released some indicative renders in the meantime though.

It's common knowledge.
There must be a reason he did this.
Something similar happened to a friend of mine, figures involved only a tiny fraction of what is involved here.
My friend was given a 25% satke in a company because the owner wanted to tie him in as he had spotted his managerial and selling ability.
The only problem was that the 25% stake had to be sold back to the original owner at an agreed price if my friend ever wanted out...which he eventually did.

I am sure that the Moshiri situation is more complicated but the principal is the same.
Billionaire businessman spots an invidual with enormous ability and ties him in by making him very wealthy with the opportunity to make even more.

Dave. If as you suggest Moshiri is basically a puppet of Usmanov then that suggests that the interest in Everton comes more from Usmanov than Moshiri or at the very least with the blessing of Usmanov.

Yes, he does.

As said: common knowledge that the source of his wealth is Usmanov placing 5% of his metal business with his accountant. Where did you think he got £2B from?
I think he got it by being a shrewd businessman.

Have you ever thought how Usmanov earned his money? By listening to the financial advice of our owner.

FWIW, Spurs did a few surveys of season ticket holders, members and people on the ticketing database prior to finalising stadium designs. These were done via email/post. We were never asked "what should the capacity of the new stadium be?". Questions instead were things like "How likely are you to buy a season ticket if...", or "How much are you willing to spend on...", or "Would you be likely to use the following facilities...". All this info would've been fed into figuring out final capacity.

I'm guessing that's the kind of consultation we're talking about here. It'd be nice if Everton (or Meis drunk tweeting) released some indicative renders in the meantime though.

Do you like cheese?

Do you like rooms?

How do you feel about these two things together

OK so Usmanov gave Morshiri 5% of his shares but let's not miss out the reason why? He gave him the shares because he was basically working as Usmanovs accountant and personal advisor, Usmanov places huge value in Moshiri's advice and his abilities, he sees him as a hugely intelligent man. So let's not go making this into a scenario where Usmanov picked out and chose Innocent Mr. Morshiri, poor Mr. Morshiri and -landed huge sums of cash on him as some kind of fail safe, that's BS! Mr. Morshiri is a very intelligent man and he has used that intelligence to get where he is today.

Yes, he does.

As said: common knowledge that the source of his wealth is Usmanov placing 5% of his metal business with his accountant. Where did you think he got £2B from?

Wish someone would give me 2 Billion to look after !

Mind you, I don't have a particularly good track record for looking after someone else's stuff - about 45 years ago I looked after the class hamster for half term and my dog ate it - Nibbles was nibbled so to speak!

I think he got it by being a shrewd businessman.

Have you ever thought how Usmanov earned his money? By listening to the financial advice of our owner.

He used muscle to get a state owned company. The profits from that have been re-invested elsewhere.

That's by the by though.

Watch the swears please fella.
sorry.gif

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back