New Everton Stadium

Of course. Risk in many forms is an omipresent.

The trick is to minimise what you can, which is what this deal has done.

Hasnt eliminated risk. No one ever can.

North Koreas next missile test could go wonky and wipe out the whole docks. Ultra fit ex footballer aged 43 could have a fatal heart attack.
It's the time element that ratchets risk up on this though.

40 years to avoid an adverse event that would place the club at risk.

It's the time element that ratchets risk up on this though.

40 years to avoid an adverse event that would place the club at risk.

Take your point, but weighing up the equation, new, ace, (we hope) new ground, plus the commercial revenue/prestige, versus not much more, in football terms, of a peppercorn rent, seems a risk worth taking.

You have to remember Dave, that Joe didnt do this for Everton. He did it to get the whole Liverpool Waters kick started. IMO anyrate. A combo of Peel, Moshisri, (USM maybe, who knows), and the sort of funders I have heard about dont do failure on these things. Its long term, mutually beneficial, and we stand to be the cornerstone to the whole thing.

BMD site unlikely to be big enough for 75000 mate.

Fill in the Mersey, job done.

I think it's absolutely imperative that Everton get a new 55,000-60,000 seater stadium because Tottenham Hotspur are moving from their 35,000 seater to a 61,000 seater in 2018.

I just hope that Everton can achieve their goal of a new stadium by 2022 and success by 2030. Then success for Aston Villa and back into the Premiership by 2031, success for Nottingham Forest and back into the Premiership by 2025 and West Ham United in either the 2020s or 2030s.

Clubs like Everton, Aston Villa, Nottingham Forest and West Ham United are crying out for investment and getting turned into a force. Even Everton and Aston Villa are bigger clubs than Manchester City.

The above post totally baffles me.
Where are you from mate ? You remind me of an Aussie called Chris I used to work with.

Take your point, but weighing up the equation, new, ace, (we hope) new ground, plus the commercial revenue/prestige, versus not much more, in football terms, of a peppercorn rent, seems a risk worth taking.

You have to remember Dave, that Joe didnt do this for Everton. He did it to get the whole Liverpool Waters kick started. IMO anyrate. A combo of Peel, Moshisri, (USM maybe, who knows), and the sort of funders I have heard about dont do failure on these things. Its long term, mutually beneficial, and we stand to be the cornerstone to the whole thing.
Exactly
I posted similar weeks ago about Dublin docks.
I remember 25/30 yrs it was the dregs
Criminals prostitutes and muggers abounded throughout the derelict run down buildings
Look at it now
Light rail system , 2 theatres ,conference centre ,arts centre , headquarters of Google , Facebook ,Twitter and more tech companies than you can shake a stick at.
Thousands of apartments.
I remember Temple Bar being full of Junkies.
The stadium is only the start , the catalyst to get the ball rolling.
Corestate are worth billions and invest billions so why a measly 24 million or so on the Liver building
Corporate offices for the regeneration ??
Who knows but enjoy the ride.

It looks pretty opaque to me. That's another dimension - besides the time one - that gives cause for concern. Who's doing the funding? Are they involved in any other way?

Overall, I just dont think we should assume that the decision makers are either always right or that their objectives are always necessarily beneficial to the club in the long term. We've seen many instances in the recent past when poor decisions have been made such as the Annexe, the securitization deal, Kitbag etc etc.

For fans of a club that have been poorly led we afford this new lot lattitude at our our peril.

It looks pretty opaque to me. That's another dimension - besides the time one - that gives cause for concern. Who's doing the funding? Are they involved in any other way?

Overall, I just dont think we should assume that the decision makers are either always right or that their objectives are always necessarily beneficial to the club in the long term. We've seen many instances in the recent past when poor decisions have been made such as the Annexe, the securitization deal, Kitbag etc etc.

For fans of a club that have been poorly led we afford this new lot lattitude at our our peril.
What are the options though? Even if we could exert any influence over who owns our club or what they do with it, would it be sensible to back heel this deal seeing as there are no others on the table? We have been in long term decline for over 3 decades now, we need major surgery to even stand a chance of returning to the elite group. There is risk you are right, but at this moment in time the biggest risk by far, is to do nothing.

Do you honestly think moshiri has come here and said "You know what... I'm gonna but a stake in Everton.. move them to the docks...ans lose money so my stake is worthless because I'm bored with nowt else to do" even by your own admission he's here to make money he has to make it work else he loses money... and I'm pretty sure he doesn't want that.

Life is about risk mate... any of us could get run over a bus tomorrow or god forbid have a heart attack ... but those risks make life worth living... yes this entire thing is a risk...but Imo a risk well worth taking.

...to be fair, if I was Usmanov's accountant and he offered anything in return for services rendered I'd take it. Rather that than a helicopter ride and a header into the Black Sea. :oops:

Yep and thats it exactly. In those times a lot of these kind of deals were offered and you knew what you were dealing with so even when clients were just being friendly letting you use their boat or their car & driver to get you home after a night out with them - just as a simple thank you, we had to be incredibly careful for exactly the reason of self-preservation. Many careers and a few lives ended just like that in those days.

"Liverpool and Manchester are in talks about a joint bid to host the 2022 Commonwealth Games. The “M62” bid would be led by Liverpool, which would host the athletics, with Manchester potentially hosting cycling and swimming in venues that were built for the 2002 Commonwealth Games."
If this Times report is accurate where exactly in Liverpool is Joe proposing to hold the athletics?
:eek: :mad: :rant:

The only reason they have a waiting list is because they only sell 25,000 season tickets so that they can rinse the day trippers.
I read about that on here sometime last year. The story is that Everton sells more season tickets than them.

I told my red brother-in-law about it and he got very angry, but he's been quite happy to use our 'half season ticket' sales to belt me with.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back