New Everton Stadium

Problem is he was the only one willing to invest on Bill's terms. I disagree that he is here just to make a quick buck, there are easier ways imho.

No one who has money (unless they own a country) thinks about throwing away large amounts of money. It's better for Moshiri if he invests in the both facilities and playing staff to make a decent profit. Can't think of many people who will pay top dollar if we are flirting with relegation and getting 38k in a 60k stadium.

It's fine to be wary, but it's not a foregone conclusion he is here just for the money. We all know your position and we will see in the next few years if you are right. I just wish you weren't so negative until it's proven.
We've spent next to f.a. for almost 20 years and never been in serious danger of relegation for 15 of them.

A sprinkling of cash each season - a bare net spend - plus a manager who knows how to keep it tight is all that;s required to keep in the PL while a stadium is built. That is his plan here, not stadium + massive squad spending.

Dave - serious question (though I know you're not a fan of straight answers)

Would BMD be a realistic possibility if Moshiri hadn't come in? Simple yes/no ta.

No, because the previous regime had no credibility left. But what does it all mean if the club are miles off a BMD build and if it happens the club is saddled with gets for 40 years?

Moshiri has solved nothing.

To me that will be a big deal if we also spend another 70M from Lukaku's sale.

Bt there's not a single chance it'll be that much net spend.

Net spend, points total.

You got it all twisted, Leicester won the title last season with a crap net spend, Spurs have overtaken the Manchester clubs by underspending them by around 1bn.

Net spend means JACK.

To me that will be a big deal if we also spend another 70M from Lukaku's sale.

But there's not a single chance it'll be that much net spend.

Even if the money men wanted to spend £50million on top of the hypothetical Lukaku money, we seem to have a problem convincing the big money players to come to Everton.

Lets's get down to brass tacks here:

Moshiri was touted as a saviour to take us to the next level. The reality is he wasn't and isn't big enough for that. He's here to get his shares quadrupled on the back of a stadium build and then sale. The squad is almost an afterthought to him.

We were kidded into believing Moshiri was the real deal. He isn't. And that will be underlined this summer after another miserable net spend.
Over one year on and I still don't see the slightest evidence that Moshiri has any intention to invest in player recruitment or the stadium build.
I suspect we've all, RK included, been misled by the clever and successful marketing of the non existent war chest.
However we are back to 'best of the rest', have a raised profile and are more stable financially as well as having a real chance at BMD thanks to Mosh.
Raising stadium funding is more realistic than it ever was so if he just keeps us around 5th to 8th, delivers an athmospheric docks stadium then flips us for a big profit we'll still be far better off.

WTF. Have you turned 180 degrees on this?

No David, I dont care what we spend as long as Ronny is backed, Ronny has given somebody a list, we better put a tick next to each of those names.

No point spending money for the sake.

Lets say we sell Lukaku for 60mish, then a few others for 40m or so and Steve Walsh picks us up a whole new team for 60m, are you suggesting we go out and spend 90m for no reason?

Just back Ronny, simple, he will tell us if he isnt happy.

No David, I dont care what we spend as long as Ronny is backed, Ronny has given somebody a list, we better put a tick next to each of those names.

No point spending money for the sake.

Lets say we sell Lukaku for 60mish, then a few others for 40m or so and Steve Walsh picks us up a whole new team for 60m, are you suggesting we go out and spend 90m for no reason?

Just back Ronny, simple, he will tell us if he isnt happy.
So basically if we don't spend £200m once Lukaku £100m & Barkley £50m are sold then an orange cats head will roll?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back