New Everton Stadium

Does anyone else, like me, not want anything from Goodison incorporated into the new stadium?

I love Goodison, it is all we've all ever known, but I want a fresh break. Let the new stadium be the start of a new identity.

I've never seen Everton successful, not one trophy, so I don't have the experience of seeing any league title wins at Goodison. I think instead of harking back to the past, let's look to the future.

Obviously bring the Dixie Dean statue, but let's leave it at that.

Totally agree, I forgot about Dixie though :blush:

Screenshot_20170605-171440.webp

I suspect the feedback generated will probably tell them what they already know and help steer the design selection to one of the designs Meis has already completed.

It's looking like an identical 'fan consultation' process to the EFC badge one that Richard Kenyon masterminded.

I asked for:

Large capacity (60k-ish), steep stands, close proximity to the pitch, Leitch crosses (even as a superficial design), a three tier main stand if possible, a one tier home end.

I read this earlier, thought it was an interesting read. Hope its ok to post the link, apologies in advance if not

https://www.theguardian.com/public-...s-commercial-risks-trying-hedge-fund-managers

Slightly different with regards to the funding as the council aren't actually stumping cash up, unless we go belly up but they'll have contingencies against our income.

The story does ring true however, LCC have been purchasing a lot of assets, finch farm and Cunard springing to mind instantly

Because we have too many arl arses in the fanbase who basically want a wooden Goodison replica but on the docks.

Meanwhile other clubs develop new modern shiny stadias.

Actually it's because a lot of our fanbase appreciate the history of our club and don't want to jettison it just to have a 'modern shiny stadia'.

Featuring the Leitch classic design is classy, it's hardly some sort of relic that's going to hold us back. It's something many Evertonians hold dear.

I mentioned a retractable roof. I know its a long shot, but first British club side to incorporate one!?! Just the cost to overcome but thought I'd mention it especially when that wind is blowing on the Mersey in early January. Also - keep the Goodison roar in - so intimidating for the oppo.
Minimum 60k, ideally 61878 so that other club fans might remember the number as well as the name!

Asked for a bit from the Old Lady including Dixie / Holy Trinity, new steep, roaring Gwladys St. Wall of Sound. Even mentioned St. Luke's but think there is more chance of the retractable roof. Leitch design okay with me but if we have to give that up for something unique and breathtaking, happy to go without. Goodison Granites - one there for my Dad and all those other Evertonians so need to take them with us.

BMD - Suggested refurbing the Dockers Clock & Hydraulic Tower. Sight line to the 3 Graces esp. the Liver Building possibly through some sort of retractable window. Also - reference to the birds on the stadium please - belongs to the city.

Didn't ask for too much really. Should be a breeze.

Asked for no corporate boxes behind the goal, large single tiers behind both goals, tiered stands on the sides with decent overlaps to double/treble up the number of fans closer to the noise generated behind the goal. Home fans behind both goals, and shallower stands with tight treads as regs allow.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back