New Everton Stadium

Asked for no corporate boxes behind the goal, large single tiers behind both goals, tiered stands on the sides with decent overlaps to double/treble up the number of fans closer to the noise generated behind the goal. Home fans behind both goals, and shallower stands with tight treads as regs allow.
i asked for overhanging tiers too, helps keep the atmosphere in

Theres nothing wrong in wanting to incorporate details from Goodison, what there is left anyway. Classicism lasts and we are in England and we preserve our heritage its what we do well ( a lot of the time ) The word iconic keeps getting mentioned but what characteristics are left if the Leitch crosses are not utilised? Goodison is one of the most recognisable footballing venues anywhere and doesn't get confused with anywhere else. In Liverpool we have an amazing architectural heritage and I think it would be great to have some truly "iconic" elements of this included in the design.
I'm doing my own rendering of an exterior façade which uses some Hartley style dock building details, sandstone blocking like St. Georges Hall, Anglican Cathedral and Liver Building. Stained glass Everton icon windows, a nod to St. Lukes, think of the new printed mesh sheeting at Goodison, but (much) classier. And of course, the Leitch crosses and gabled roof, Bullens Road and old Goodison Road stands.
If this stadium does ever get built, I don't want to see a single ****ing piece of metal cladding anywhere! Goodison is horrible on the outside but its magical on the inside and beautiful ( under the lights ) Outside I want to be stunned when approaching and inside I dont mind something which is merely impressive looking so long as it cant be anywhere else but Evertons ground. I don't want a SOL, a St Marys or a KC and I don't want plastic [Poor language removed] pastiche architecture like Clayton Square and Cavern Walks, I want real materials and real craft. Weve been told its going to be iconic and now I want Iconic! overhanging 3 tiered side stands with Leitch crosses on the middle level, steep single or double decker end stands, no visible support columns, every seat with a great view and a bit more leg space would be good. The corporate areas looking towards the Pier Head and the river and over the pitch, an Everton Museum. Proper facilities for disabled supporters, not dumped at the side of the pitch! and again, a dedicated family tier(s) I want detail! lots of detail! its lasting and costs lots, but this is what becomes iconic and hopefully our home for another hundred years or more and we are worth it!
Ive been to see Paul Weller tonight so I'm a bit emotional and pissed, so forgive me for ranting ;)

Theres nothing wrong in wanting to incorporate details from Goodison, what there is left anyway. Classicism lasts and we are in England and we preserve our heritage its what we do well ( a lot of the time ) The word iconic keeps getting mentioned but what characteristics are left if the Leitch crosses are not utilised? Goodison is one of the most recognisable footballing venues anywhere and doesn't get confused with anywhere else. In Liverpool we have an amazing architectural heritage and I think it would be great to have some truly "iconic" elements of this included in the design.
I'm doing my own rendering of an exterior façade which uses some Hartley style dock building details, sandstone blocking like St. Georges Hall, Anglican Cathedral and Liver Building. Stained glass Everton icon windows, a nod to St. Lukes, think of the new printed mesh sheeting at Goodison, but (much) classier. And of course, the Leitch crosses and gabled roof, Bullens Road and old Goodison Road stands.
If this stadium does ever get built, I don't want to see a single ****ing piece of metal cladding anywhere! Goodison is horrible on the outside but its magical on the inside and beautiful ( under the lights ) Outside I want to be stunned when approaching and inside I dont mind something which is merely impressive looking so long as it cant be anywhere else but Evertons ground. I don't want a SOL, a St Marys or a KC and I don't want plastic [Poor language removed] pastiche architecture like Clayton Square and Cavern Walks, I want real materials and real craft. Weve been told its going to be iconic and now I want Iconic! overhanging 3 tiered side stands with Leitch crosses on the middle level, steep single or double decker end stands, no visible support columns, every seat with a great view and a bit more leg space would be good. The corporate areas looking towards the Pier Head and the river and over the pitch, an Everton Museum. Proper facilities for disabled supporters, not dumped at the side of the pitch! and again, a dedicated family tier(s) I want detail! lots of detail! its lasting and costs lots, but this is what becomes iconic and hopefully our home for another hundred years or more and we are worth it!
Ive been to see Paul Weller tonight so I'm a bit emotional and pissed, so forgive me for ranting ;)
Dan Meis must be on his umpteenth blueprint by now!

Uh, maybe it's just me but all the plaques for the people who had their ashes buried at Goodison should be coming along. Where they put them is up to the club but they shouldn't be chucked out, that's disrespectful, considering the club offered it.

Suggested some type of stained glass mosaic of the club crest, as I have a soft spot for that type of historic artwork..a big, KOFF one that faces the Mersey and will glow in the setting sun. /shrug

Yeah it's abit embarrassing. Imagine it...youre designing new stadium and you should put another architects signiature mark on it. Stupid...over sentimental etc etc

How is it stupid? It's part of what makes Goodison iconic and a lot of us want the new Stadium to have our identity kept in tact when we move. I go to grounds like the Emirates and Etihad and other than the inevitable signs that it is that clubs home ground (club name, pictures on the exterior), there is nothing iconic that stands out.

With grounds like Goodison and Ibrox, everyone recognises the style instantly.

I mentioned a retractable roof. I know its a long shot, but first British club side to incorporate one!?! Just the cost to overcome but thought I'd mention it especially when that wind is blowing on the Mersey in early January. Also - keep the Goodison roar in - so intimidating for the oppo.
Minimum 60k, ideally 61878 so that other club fans might remember the number as well as the name!

Asked for a bit from the Old Lady including Dixie / Holy Trinity, new steep, roaring Gwladys St. Wall of Sound. Even mentioned St. Luke's but think there is more chance of the retractable roof. Leitch design okay with me but if we have to give that up for something unique and breathtaking, happy to go without. Goodison Granites - one there for my Dad and all those other Evertonians so need to take them with us.

BMD - Suggested refurbing the Dockers Clock & Hydraulic Tower. Sight line to the 3 Graces esp. the Liver Building possibly through some sort of retractable window. Also - reference to the birds on the stadium please - belongs to the city.

Didn't ask for too much really. Should be a breeze.
Definitely don't want a breeze.

I mentioned a retractable roof. I know its a long shot, but first British club side to incorporate one!?! Just the cost to overcome but thought I'd mention it especially when that wind is blowing on the Mersey in early January. Also - keep the Goodison roar in - so intimidating for the oppo.
Minimum 60k, ideally 61878 so that other club fans might remember the number as well as the name!

Asked for a bit from the Old Lady including Dixie / Holy Trinity, new steep, roaring Gwladys St. Wall of Sound. Even mentioned St. Luke's but think there is more chance of the retractable roof. Leitch design okay with me but if we have to give that up for something unique and breathtaking, happy to go without. Goodison Granites - one there for my Dad and all those other Evertonians so need to take them with us.

BMD - Suggested refurbing the Dockers Clock & Hydraulic Tower. Sight line to the 3 Graces esp. the Liver Building possibly through some sort of retractable window. Also - reference to the birds on the stadium please - belongs to the city.

Didn't ask for too much really. Should be a breeze.

You forgot the monorail :eek:

How is it stupid? It's part of what makes Goodison iconic and a lot of us want the new Stadium to have our identity kept in tact when we move. I go to grounds like the Emirates and Etihad and other than the inevitable signs that it is that clubs home ground (club name, pictures on the exterior), there is nothing iconic that stands out.

With grounds like Goodison and Ibrox, everyone recognises the style instantly.
Dan knows this. We've discussed what is required at great length and Dan understands.

Dan knows this. We've discussed what is required at great length and Dan understands.
images

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back