New Everton Stadium

Thanks to the above posts the algorithm on my phone is advertising memory foam mattresses. I suppose it's a break from "meet Russian singles". Will they have them at the new ground?

Was up on Everton Brow this morning, I head up there most Sundays, peering across the river. If our new stadium comes to pass then I will go up there every day. The view will be even more magical.
I've been getting ads for Glasgow Rangers season tickets on here. Weird.

evening lads, not sure where to post this, but seeing we are stepping into the next gen of EFC, and moving to a new stadium, can something be done about 'grand old team' being our club song?

Im not sure about the history behind the tune, but sounds pretty bloody old tbh. I hope this doesn't offend anyone. Maybe the new stadium will need an upbeat tune to match our upbeat style of football... In terms of club songs replicating on pitch performances, its was bobby martinez all over... slow, boring and bland.

Is it even a possibility? Or will the club song never be changed? Being Australian, I have no one that can answer these questions I have, so again, I'm sorry if I have offended any supporters.

evening lads, not sure where to post this, but seeing we are stepping into the next gen of EFC, and moving to a new stadium, can something be done about 'grand old team' being our club song?

Im not sure about the history behind the tune, but sounds pretty bloody old tbh. I hope this doesn't offend anyone. Maybe the new stadium will need an upbeat tune to match our upbeat style of football... In terms of club songs replicating on pitch performances, its was bobby martinez all over... slow, boring and bland.

Is it even a possibility? Or will the club song never be changed? Being Australian, I have no one that can answer these questions I have, so again, I'm sorry if I have offended any supporters.

No offence taken but I certainly don't want to change from GOT ....and Z Cars should remain btw for entry onto the pitch. Decades of tradition in both of these.

No offence taken but I certainly don't want to change from GOT ....and Z Cars should remain btw for entry onto the pitch. Decades of tradition in both of these.
thanks for your reply mate. Like I said, being Aussie, I have missed alot of the tradition/historic side of EFC. Alot of my Everton education has been online, and ive not spoken to alot of die-hards, seeing they are all in liverpool!

In saying that, I'm under the impression that this new era is going to be alot more commercial. New stadium, new sponsors, new ambition, new/better players, gathering more fans worldwide which I assume will be mostly young supporters. Do you fear Everton will begin to lose that 'historic' feeling around the club? The fanbase in England won't get much bigger, but worldwide EFC fanbase is going to gather alot of new supporters like me, not knowing bugger all about tradition and the history of the club.

thanks for your reply mate. Like I said, being Aussie, I have missed alot of the tradition/historic side of EFC. Alot of my Everton education has been online, and ive not spoken to alot of die-hards, seeing they are all in liverpool!

In saying that, I'm under the impression that this new era is going to be alot more commercial. New stadium, new sponsors, new ambition, new/better players, gathering more fans worldwide which I assume will be mostly young supporters. Do you fear Everton will begin to lose that 'historic' feeling around the club? The fanbase in England won't get much bigger, but worldwide EFC fanbase is going to gather alot of new supporters like me, not knowing bugger all about tradition and the history of the club.

That's the challenge moving forward. How to break into the top tier with regards to commercial performance and attracting a bigger worldwide fanbase while keeping the history and tradition that makes us what we are. The stadium is a huge part of that and Meis will have to change his MO slightly to get it right given what I've seen of his previous designs. No doubt he'll do it though as he seems to have a good understanding of what's needed and he's clearly at the top of his profession.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back