New Everton Stadium

Nothing wrong with shallow, Lower Gwladys St and the Paddock are shallow and the atmosphere is better because of it. The important thing is that if there are tiers they overhang each other to get the fans close to the pitch.

Thats a fair point actually, I suppose in a steep stand the person in front of you would have their head by your feet, where as in a shallow stand you'd feel more surrounded by everyone.

I do like the effect of these steep stands like in Dortmund, but we arent the type to go around waving massive flags and stuff are we?

Thats a fair point actually, I suppose in a steep stand the person in front of you would have their head by your feet, where as in a shallow stand you'd feel more surrounded by everyone.

I do like the effect of these steep stands like in Dortmund, but we arent the type to go around waving massive flags and stuff are we?

Yes that's right you get that terrace feel on the shallower stands imagine bouncing up and down on a steep stand or a mad goal celebration on a really steep stand with people's head by your feet? Not for me.

Dortmund's end stand is my first choice, I want that stand behind both of the goals ideally, not just behind one stand. You get 15000 fans together as one under the same roof. That would make all of Europe sit up in jealousy!

Who needs a proper design anyway?

Piece of piss this. I'll get a shovel and start digging out the footings. @Moomin you chuck a mix in ready for @tommye and then crack on the all the money gubbins. I reckon I nice strong 3:1 ratio should be alright. You won't see it from our house anyway Hahahaha. I've built a few houses and apartments so a farting stadium shouldn't be too much hassle.

As @KUEFC09U2 said, LET'S JUST GET IT BUILT FFS!!!

...I worked in an office so haven't got much of an idea about building but I suspect the dock will need draining first.

Sorry but I really cannot see Dan Meis presenting sensitive current EFC stadium designs to a fan group at FC Cincinnati. Considering he is aware of a fan consultation taking place and that the club are keeping everything under wraps, at least until the SPV funding partner is confirmed and publicized, I cannot see him putting them on another presentation. Very early renderings or WHP maybe, but not his team of architects current designs. Much ado about nothing and cannot see any design reveals until much closer to the Council needing to provide more athletics venue detail for the Commonwealth Games bid. They will have to show the new Goodison design at that point won't they?

I love my Mrs, some people say she is pretty and some people wouldn't touch her with a barge pole. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. When I met my Mrs I thought she was OK but I grew to love her. Same applies to whatever stadium we get. Some will love, some will think its OK and some will not like it. What gets me is the same people regardless of the design will just not want to like it just for arguments sake. We as a club are actually on the up and doing things but for some reason for the same people its just not good enough.
Where does your wife sit on the 12" hot dog, should we keep it, or go for something more manageable?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back