New Everton Stadium

Wasn't that just in the road though? If you fill an empty hole with earth with not much in terms of foundations then you can get a lot of settlement movement. Ours will have a stadium with piles driven so far into the ground they will act like a drain for the Pacific. :p It should help bind the earth a bit and so should reduce the chances of that happening.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/sinkhole-appeared-port-liverpool-12602064

I like Lincoln Fields - looks a proper stadium and a suitable replacement for Goodison. My favourite remains Lucas Oil but I would take this if it was offered. Red brick for me in that area would sit well with Titanic, Tobacco etc and the sliding window to the city would be incredible, esp viewing Mosh's Liver birds. Imagine the reds fume over a stadium of that ilk! I know it's not about them, its about us, but they have been crowing about their higgledy piggledy stadium and odd Big Stand. Time for Meis to shove it to them. Trouble is not sure £350million is going to get us anywhere near a stadium as good as these but I am hoping I am wrong.

Had quite a few issues at L2 and a massive sink hole a few months back.

Wasn't a sink hole bud. Don't believe the echo

What actually happened was an issue with contractor of the quay. To smooth out the outer wall, where the vessels berth, they tried a rather experimental way of rectifying it. They used under water power jetting, unfortunately what they didn't factor in was erosion, the jet was to powerful and eroded some of the wall, this then collapsed into the Mersey and a small portion of the quay sank.

Nothing to do with the build at all

I don't understand all this crazy talk...

He literally says on the video that the Everton design hasn't come out yet but here are some early ideas..

He will have rendered loads of stadiums, bowls, 4 sided stands, roof on, roof off.

He's just put a few random pictures up to fill in his slideshow.

Word is Roberto Martinez has come out saying the stadium is a masterpiece, and that Meis collaborated with him and they've decided in honor of the "Great Season" there would be 72 seats in the stadium. Disaster averted, you can call off the mass protest now.

Help me to understand what's going on here. What everyone is moaning about on here is not the design of our stadium. They are moaning about an early idea for our stadium. That's pretty sad.

Don't know if this helps any but I've cleaned up that image from the Dan Meis talk in America. I've cleaned it as best i could, a few details are a bit more visible now but I've had to reduce the quality a fair bit so it was small enough to upload on here and it was already fairly bad quality to begin with but here it is anyway, a little better at least.
Screenshot_20170621-131929.webp

Where do you keep coming up with the idea it'll be a bowl ?
Look at the first image he's produced. You cant see a bowl there?

In all seriousness, can you hand on heart believe we will get a stadium that is not like an Emirates/Etihad? With every passing day and the release of a statement or image it just underlines the likelihood we will get that.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back