New Everton Stadium

Dan Meis has already said it wont be a bowl. If it is when he presents the designs then by all means protest, complain, kick off. But surely let the lad unveil his designs first instead of some blurry picture no one can make out.
Then what he says and what he's doing at are odds then aren't they?

Honestly it's better to just stay out of this thread and enjoy your life mate.

Full of wannabe architects, cry-arses and the never satisfied.

That's just the way it is. I think i'm in the first category! :) If you keep mentioning us though i'm gonna protest, so unfair! Pffffft.

I had a snickers after lunch but i'm still hungry, I thought you should know that. :p:D

Last edited:
Don't know if this helps any but I've cleaned up that image from the Dan Meis talk in America. I've cleaned it as best i could, a few details are a bit more visible now but I've had to reduce the quality a fair bit so it was small enough to upload on here and it was already fairly bad quality to begin with but here it is anyway, a little better at least.View attachment 37953

The stand on the left hand side when looking at the interior pic looks a lot like Twickenham.

Look at the first image he's produced. You cant see a bowl there?

In all seriousness, can you hand on heart believe we will get a stadium that is not like an Emirates/Etihad? With every passing day and the release of a statement or image it just underlines the likelihood we will get that.

Dave, I have absolute faith that we will not be getting a bowl aka Etihad/Emirates.

Dan Meis has been commissioned to design a football stadium that has to be atmospheric and intimidating - those two criteria alone suggest, without a shadow of a doubt to me, that there is zero chance of BMD being a bowl.

Look at the first image he's produced. You cant see a bowl there?

In all seriousness, can you hand on heart believe we will get a stadium that is not like an Emirates/Etihad? With every passing day and the release of a statement or image it just underlines the likelihood we will get that.

Dave, I promise you, it is all straight edges. It is a truncated rectangle, or an extended octagon if that is a better way of explaining it.

@davek - what exactly is it that makes a bowl a bowl for you? Is it the design of the filled-in corners or the shape of the roof on an aerial shot or what? Your Signal Iduna Park has filled-in corners in triangles, for example. So did Wolfsburg. So did Dresden. (I accept you might not have seen any of the stadia.)

From the German grounds, it is actually Nürnberg that stands out as a bowl for me (with the oval shape and big D behind the goals). But that can't be what you are talking about since that kind of thing is nowhere to be seen in the designs you are referencing?

Here's a pic of the Allianz Arena interior, for example:
Allianz_Arena_07.jpg

Couldn't get more of a bowl than the look of that exterior but the stands are close to the pitch.

Look at the first design he's produced. Tell me it's not a bowl. There are more than enough who see that shape.

Dave, it was a conference for architects as far as I could make out. It was not conference about Evertons new stadium. It could have been a slide to make a point about how crap bowls are for all I know.

Not going to get all hot and bothered about that.

Here's what Juventus got:

Juve_07_672-458_resize.jpg

Is it too much to ask for that for us?

I'm not saying he wont change course and give us that in the end, but he wont if he's not told his initial drawings are not wanted. If no one murmurs about it then he'll think: "First sketch out there and no one was troubled by it. I'll crack on". And no one could blame him.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back