New Everton Stadium

Here's what Juventus got:

Juve_07_672-458_resize.jpg

Is it too much to ask for that for us?

I'm not saying he wont change course and give us that in the end, but he wont if he's not told his initial drawings are not wanted. If no one murmurs about it then he'll think: "First sketch out there and no one was troubled by it. I'll crack on". And no one could blame him.

The state of that

Dave, it was a conference for architects as far as I could make out. It was not conference about Evertons new stadium. It could have been a slide to make a point about how crap bowls are for all I know.

Not going to get all hot and bothered about that.

If it was unrepresentative, why show it in a powe point presentation? I dont see the logic in him filling time with slides of an Everton stadium design he wont do. He might as well have shown a garden shed instead.

Personally, I would like to see a ground which is NOT uniform. A big 3 tier stand on one side with a double decker on the other touchline wrapping round to a double decker goal stand. At the opposite end I'd love to see a huge 20.000 stand alone stand. Basically, I'm suggesting we follow the Goodison model but 50% bigger with top notch facilities and far more room under the stands. That would make BM instantly recognisable.

If it was unrepresentative, why show it in a powe point presentation? I dont see the logic in him filling time with slides of an Everton stadium design he wont do. He might as well have shown a garden shed instead.

For the very reason I alluded to. We dont know.

It was certainly not an official unveiling, that is 100% true.

I'm not saying he wont change course and give us that in the end, but he wont if he's not told his initial drawings are not wanted. If no one murmurs about it then he'll think: "First sketch out there and no one was troubled by it. I'll crack on". And no one could blame him.
So you want 2 tiers all the way round? See its easy to pick holes in everything!

@davek - what exactly is it that makes a bowl a bowl for you? Is it the design of the filled-in corners or the shape of the roof on an aerial shot or what? Your Signal Iduna Park has filled-in corners in triangles, for example. So did Wolfsburg. So did Dresden. (I accept you might not have seen any of the stadia.)

From the German grounds, it is actually Nürnberg that stands out as a bowl for me (with the oval shape and big D behind the goals). But that can't be what you are talking about since that kind of thing is nowhere to be seen in the designs you are referencing?

Here's a pic of the Allianz Arena interior, for example:
Allianz_Arena_07.jpg

Couldn't get more of a bowl than the look of that exterior but the stands are close to the pitch.
If you start off with a bowl that's going to double up as an athletics track you start off also with very shallow raking stands miles off the pitch - as per London Stadium and the CoM stadium as was.

Not only is a conventional four grandstand stadium aesthetically more pleasing it also knocks on the head LCC and their claims on the stadium to provide a home for their CWG dreams.

From another angle:

800px-Juventus_v_Real_Madrid%2C_Champions_League%2C_Stadium%2C_Turin%2C_2013.jpg

Does that look much different in terms of shape to the one in the slide?

Stadium3.png

You really need to define what you mean by Bowl, is it just a purely oval design such as Wembley or the Emirates, or do you mean any stadium with filled in corners such as Old Trafford is a bowl?

What is too late?

He hasnt provided anything to let us even see what his proposals are?

You want to arrange a petition and a march in protest at a Power Point slide.
You stated that you'll wait until the designs are complete. What are the chances of those being tweaked from that point? Nil I'd say.

We are sleepwalking into a period when the club will use it's Everton Fan Forum to cast their eyes over a couple of designs and then claim this as 'consent'.

I know I've laboured the point here, but I for one dont want to be wise after the event.

Be careful with Meis and his ilk mate. Not just you, everyone. They are business men first and motivated by what 'the consumer' wants second. It'll all be down to cost and we'll end up with an identikit bog standard stadium on a world heritage site....which (the location on his CV) is all Dan Meis wants at the end of the day. Then he moves on to schmooze the next mug fans he wants to build a stadium for.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back