New Everton Stadium

From another angle:

800px-Juventus_v_Real_Madrid%2C_Champions_League%2C_Stadium%2C_Turin%2C_2013.jpg

Does that look much different in terms of shape to the one in the slide?

Stadium3.png

You really need to define what you mean by Bowl, is it just a purely oval design such as Wembley or the Emirates, or do you mean any stadium with filled in corners such as Old Trafford is a bowl?
It looks miles different. It's like comparing the Emirates with the Wesfalenstadion.

You stated that you'll wait until the designs are complete. What are the chances of those being tweaked from that point? Nil I'd say.

We are sleepwalking into a period when the club will use it's Everton Fan Forum to cast their eyes over a couple of designs and then claim this as 'consent'.

I know I've laboured the point here, but I for one dont want to be wise after the event.

Be careful with Meis and his ilk mate. Not just you, everyone. They are business men first and motivated by what 'the consumer' wants second. It'll all be down to cost and we'll end up with an identikit bog standard stadium on a world heritage site....which (the location on his CV) is all Dan Meis wants at the end of the day. Then he moves on to schmooze the next mug fans he wants to build a stadium for their club.

Whatever mate.

IF it (the conference) was anything to do with Everton, and IF we actually knew the context of those bleary slides, then I might give a monkeys.

As it is, I am sleepwalking into seeing what he actually comes up with.

Whatever mate.

IF it (the conference) was anything to do with Everton, and IF we actually knew the context of those bleary slides, then I might give a monkeys.

As it is, I am sleepwalking into seeing what he actually comes up with.
There's a video that goes with it. He clearly claims that his guiding star is to listen to fans and build stadiums they want.

There's a video that goes with it. He clearly claims that his guiding star is to listen to fans and build stadiums they want.

So, the context of the slide, with that comment could have been, "So not like this".

Not heard it mind.

But Ok, or sleepwalking, to wait and see what he ACTUALLY going to show US, not some architects conference.

I agree with Dave, we should just start fuming for no reason at all.

Screw waiting for plans, enough is enough, we want, erm, stuff to be different, we want Dan to erm, change the thing on the thing and make it erm, better.

We cant afford to sit and wait for designs, we simply must adopt a negative stance cos thats the correct thing to do here.

I propose that we organise a march from The USM Liver Buildings to the proposed site on Bramley Moore Dock.

More details to follow, but can somebody bring sausage rolls.

Wasn't the presentation for the Cincinnati fanbase? Or am I talking about the wrong slides and I have so many people on Ignore I haven't seen this infamous bowl image with space for a running track?

So, the context of the slide, with that comment could have been, "So not like this".

Not heard it mind.

But Ok, or sleepwalking, to wait and see what he ACTUALLY going to show US, not some architects conference.
Yes, we'll see. My fear is that consultation will be very limited and we are presented a fleshed out version of this image today. In fact, I think that highly likely.

I agree with Dave, we should just start fuming for no reason at all.

Screw waiting for plans, enough is enough, we want, erm, stuff to be different, we want Dan to erm, change the thing on the thing and make it erm, better.

We cant afford to sit and wait for designs, we simply must adopt a negative stance cos thats the correct thing to do here.

I propose that we organise a march from The USM Liver Buildings to the proposed site on Bramley Moore Dock.

More details to follow, but can somebody bring sausage rolls.
Have you renewed your season ticket?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back