New Everton Stadium

Yup, never works. Ever. I've worked on projects like that, where the "customers" are part of the design process and opinions of all are gathered. A recipe for disaster. You start out to build a fridge and end up with a microwave. Design by committee, always doomed to failure.
Absolutely my experience. There will be enough public consultation through the planning process. Actual professional people will have to write serious reports and responses to all sorts of looney stuff such as Liverpool season ticket holders in the main stand complaining that their view of Birkenhead has been harmed etc. Design a great stadium, and water it down as little a possible through consultation.
I can see it now when people suggest giant prince rupert towers at the four corners and we end up with a stadium looking like a bouncy castle.

Yup, never works. Ever. I've worked on projects like that, where the "customers" are part of the design process and opinions of all are gathered. A recipe for disaster. You start out to build a fridge and end up with a microwave. Design by committee, always doomed to failure.
We would deffo end up with a camel. When what we really wanted was a thorough bread.

They should definitely do this just to see the utter monstrosity that comes out of the process. Would be hilarious.
It'd be the stadium version of this
latest

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back