New Everton Stadium

Please explain mate
Unique would be different but it can be different for the sake of being different rather than being any good.

Iconic I think could again be some sort of aesthetic centrepiece, say like a feature in the ground like a big Toffee Tower located somewhere, but if that Toffee Tower is located in the wrong place, even if looked good, it could be a hindrance.

Divide the stadium up into inside and outside. Treat them separate. A fancy brilliant looking outside for example would actually say to everyone this stadium will not expand, so how is that any good?

For me design scientifically the best stadium and then work on making that look special. Personally I'd rather just have the criss crosses along the side tiers, with the old Gable on the Main Stand, subtle yet pure beauty, plus it would all cost the stadium equivalent of a tenner.

Didn't Meis say recently it'll look like sympathetic to its location? That sounds more Lucas oil than anything bright blue to me.

Wouldn't part of the depend on what all the area around is going to look like after Liverpool waters comes into being though, as that will be the stadiums direct surroundings so to speak

Wouldn't part of the depend on what all the area around is going to look like after Liverpool waters comes into being though, as that will be the stadiums direct surroundings so to speak

Good point. The whole scheme looks really bland to me although I think there's meant to be an iconic theatre for 10 streets.

Edit: your point is the only way I can see something glass and steel looking futuristic

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back