New Everton Stadium

You can only really go on what's in the public domain at the moment. That is that the track area is a constant but the overall athletics area will not be as wide as there will be no jumping events.

View attachment 38363

Then you have Joe saying “Everton are looking to build a stadium of 50-55,000 capacity, maybe more, and the dropping in of a running track will reduce that to about 40,000.

So presuming a 60k overall capacity, Joe is alluding that two thirds of the seats will be located outside of the track area. That, to me, seems incompatible with a steep, tight stadium unless you budget for intelligent design which we haven't.

So, do we think that there will be 40,000 tickets sold for the athletics? I honestly don't know, but without the world superstars is there likely to be that level of demand?

Plus on the budgetary consideration, surely there would have to be some contribution from LCC which could perhaps incorporate intelligent design.

Idea:
The width of an athletics track plus the long jump pit is not that different to the length of a football pitch.
Why not just build our end stands first (plus corners) and use these as the side stands for the games. Cheap low level temporary stands around the rest of the track could increase capacity during the games.
Then after the games rotate the pitch by 90 degrees and build our side stands.
Job done.
That would be a huge compromise to the capacity, design and delivery of the stadium for football by the 21/22 season, and at least one season after that as the last stand is being built. Would the council pay for the lost revenue for 2 seasons and the conversion etc?

There are ways to do it, but every way will be a compromise to the design or timing. Of course they will try and sell it to the fans as something that won't compromise the stadium design, but its hard to believe that when you actually think about it logically.

So, do we think that there will be 40,000 tickets sold for the athletics? I honestly don't know, but without the world superstars is there likely to be that level of demand?

Plus on the budgetary consideration, surely there would have to be some contribution from LCC which could perhaps incorporate intelligent design.

I doubt it, but think thats what Manchester had at the Etihad. And by intelligent design I mean moveable stands etc, and while the fume from Geoff in West Derby would be immense, it's never gonna happen.

Row Z at the Juventus Stadium is approximately 51 metres back from the by line.

The outside lane of a running track would be approximately 40m behind the by line at Juve stadium.

When you consider space around the edge of the track, safe spectator distance ect it would probable take up the whole Juve stadium.

Placing a running track in a steep sided, close to the pitch stadium could potentially take up around 35,000 seats, not to mention not work ergonomically as most steep, close to the pitch stadiums are square and running tracks suit more rounded, shallow stadiums like City's lower tier.

Here is the example of how a running track fits into a steep, close to the pitch stadium.. It doesn't.

Row Z at the Juventus Stadium is approximately 51 metres back from the by line.

The outside lane of a running track would be approximately 40m behind the by line at Juve stadium.

When you consider space around the edge of the track, safe spectator distance ect it would probable take up the whole Juve stadium.

Placing a running track in a steep sided, close to the pitch stadium could potentially take up around 35,000 seats, not to mention not work ergonomically as most steep, close to the pitch stadiums are square and running tracks suit more rounded, shallow stadiums like City's lower tier.

Here is the example of how a running track fits into a steep, close to the pitch stadium.. It doesn't.

And in that confined space you'd need to have spectator entrances/exits above the track level as well as track access for athletes/officials.

And in that confined space you'd need to have spectator entrances/exits above the track level as well as track access for athletes/officials.

And also have people considered the track will have to sit quite low compared to the pitch, because in the example shown above it would be around 30/40 metres above the pitch level which definetly doesn't work!

That would be a huge compromise to the capacity, design and delivery of the stadium for football by the 21/22 season, and at least one season after that as the last stand is being built. Would the council pay for the lost revenue for 2 seasons and the conversion etc?

There are ways to do it, but every way will be a compromise to the design or timing. Of course they will try and sell it to the fans as something that won't compromise the stadium design, but its hard to believe that when you actually think about it logically.

2 more years at Goodison vs 100+ years in a compromised stadium.

I agree there is no way to have an intimate stadium with the drop in athletics track.

Yep, Liverpool and Brum are bidding from England.

Today's news...

A team from the British Government will today begin inspecting Liverpool's bid to host the 2022 Commonwealth Games, a vital step in deciding which city England will put forward to replace Durban.

The Commonwealth Games Delivery Unit (CGDU), established by the Department for Digital, Culture Media & Sport and led by Nick Pontefract, formerly the senior civil servant responsible for sport for the Government, will conduct a two-day visit to the city in the north west of England.

They will be assisted by Commonwealth Games England (CGE) and its chief Paul Blanchard.

The CGDU will be shown round Liverpool by Brian Barwick, the former chairman of the Football Association and head of sport at BBC Television, who is leading the bid.

It is estimated that £547 million ($708 million/€623 million) will be funded by public sector to help pay for the Games.

Liverpool City Council will contribute £137 million ($177 million/€156 million) of that but expects to generate income from its investments to fund the cost.

The CGDU, formed in May to oversee bids from British cities wanting to replace Durban, will be seeking re-assurances that it is possible to install and remove a 400m running track at Bramley-Moore Dock in less than three-and-a-half months.

Liverpool 2022 are claiming they can build the track at the end of the 2021-2022 football season and take it out by the start of the following 2022-2023 season.

It took Hampden Park more than a year to conduct the same operation for Glasgow 2014.

The CGDU and CGE are expected to visit Birmingham next week and recommend a city in August to put forward to the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF)

"An English Commonwealth Games in 2022 would represent an amazing opportunity for a host city, for English athletes and for the country as a whole," said Blanchard.

"The initial plans from Birmingham and Liverpool show that England has the potential to host a superb Commonwealth Games in 2022.

"We will be working closely with Government over the coming months to ensure that any decision is taken in the best interest of the cities and the UK as a whole."

More @ http://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...ing-liverpool-bid-for-2022-commonwealth-games

Wonder if the government team and Commonwealth Games England will be seeing plans in private? Surely they can't just take Everton's and Anderson's word the stadium will work?

Right, I'm going to save our stadium from a track. I'm going to apply for the Commonwealth Games to be held at my house. I already have a doubles badminton court (not quite perfect but it's all I could fit in) & I reckon athletes would be happy to run around the edges a few times for distance running.
IMG_20170704_165455.webp
I have ample seating. 8 chairs on one table & 8 plastic ones plus two fold away tables. I have a 4 burner BBQ for catering. The garden is about 40m in length but if I open the back gate it leads into the woods so that's the 100m covered. As for the throwing events, I will ask the competitors to rain it in a bit (sure they won't mind).
Sand pit won't cost that much, tenner from Argos maybe.
I got this in the bag.

Exactly they are lying to us. I find it such short term thinking that we would compromise our home for the next hundred years for an athletics meeting that lasts 2 weeks. Especially as there is no contribution to the stadium costs

To be honest I don't think we will win the games. In light of what happened with spiralling conversion costs for the London stadium combined with concerns about the timeline I would be shocked if they take the risk. If the Birmingham bid is successful and they make the improvements to their existing athletics venue it could also eliminate the need forthe London stadium to maintain a running track so would kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak.

What I want to know is whether there there are 2 designs and the 1 that is ultimately submitted for planning will be dependent on the result of the bid. What would be completely unforgiveable is if we have to submit the same design even if the bid fails in case we want to bid again in 20 years when the CWG returns again to the UK so end up in a compromised stadium without any benefit from the CWG infrastructure. Now that would be Everton

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back