New Everton Stadium

Again with the details. You debated a while ago that the billionaire owners should fund the stadium build but you rather than see your wrong, you find a tiny chunk in the debate & run with it. Both billionaire owners are financing the stadiums through the means of a loan. Done.
When Moshiri secures the loans via Blue Heaven Holdings we'd have agreement.

Ha Ha Ha. The anchoring of the £71M matchday income (a quarter of their total revenue) to a location that the club owners cant change (and they have previously tried to change it)...erm, yes, I'd call that a pretty big say so in how Chelsea is run as a business.

Hopefully that's 'cleared it up' for you.

They can stop the club moving venue, that's errrmmm.....it.

How does that equate to them having any form of influence in the day to day running of the club, including your original and completely incorrect assertion that they'd have a say in how the new build is funded, which (just to remind you) was the entire reason you brought them up???

In your own time............

Even the big stadium deals for the top 4 teams with name sponsors are not at that level. You have to be careful unpicking reported numbers as some deals are for stadium, shirt & other commercial elements. £5-6m p.a. is currently upper end for pure stadium naming rights. West Ham failed to recently nail a deal with Vodafone at £2-3m p.a. We should not have overblown expectation for a naming rights deals.

Even the big stadium deals for the top 4 teams with name sponsors are not at that level. You have to be careful unpicking reported numbers as some deals are for stadium, shirt & other commercial elements. £5-6m p.a. is currently upper end for pure stadium naming rights. West Ham failed to recently nail a deal with Vodafone at £2-3m p.a. We should not have overblown expectation for a naming rights deals.

West Ham didnt negotiate that anyrate.

If they hold no risk, why on earth would they be needed as guarantors. Of course they carry risk, what if Everton get relegated (once or even twice) in that period of time and the revenues to repay the loans are simply not there. Guess who the lenders will go after? That's why they are called a guarantor. Would you be willing to bet £100's millions on Everton never being relegated in 40 years? Again you follow an argument that fits your belief rather than one which has any basis in logic.

League 2 clubs prob have a turnover enough to pay for the stadium loan. You would have to alter your playing staff to reduce other costs thats all. If ticket prices are right we would still have a large following in the lower divisions, so the larger stadium helps there too, not to mention naming rights.

A football club is not the sort of business you would usually lend to long term, there are a few historic clubs that buck that trend though. We are one of them, that's why the council are willing guarantors.

Big fan of Orange Bob making it sound like he personally ordered the building of a new stadium like the teachings from Mount Sinai
If suntan Bob has given any edicts, it's to make sure that the floodlights contain solarium grade light bulbs. I'm convinced the only reason he still has a job is that Moshiri believes he is an ethnic minority and wants to keep up the diversity quota at Everton. As soon as Moshiri gets told that there is no such race as tango, he's in trouble.

Anyway back on track... 61878 seats please.

No actual stadium input but I'm genuinely puzzled why the whole forum doesnt have the cat on ignore.

I blocked him once, unblocked incase he had mellowed (wrong) and re-blocked.

Trust me, the flowers are a little more vibrant and the birds sing a little louder.
I agree the ignore button is a thing of beauty

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back