New Everton Stadium

That bid was a farce anyway from Liverpool, we need to make a statement now and get some plans shown, dragging on too Mimuch ch this now, while I don't expect the work to start this week we need to some at least some sketches

I'm not being funny here, I'm asking as I don't know.

Why would some Chinese pension fund (or wherever the funding comes from) that are about to loan us X amount of pounds over 40 years care that the City didn't host the commonwealth games 5 years into the term?

I can't see why it's relevant, unless Everton promised them sons sort of spike financial return in 2022 (only) based on an expectation of a higher financial return for that year.

I'm not being funny here, I'm asking as I don't know.

Why would some Chinese pension fund (or wherever the funding comes from) that are about to loan us X amount of pounds over 40 years care that the City didn't host the commonwealth games 5 years into the term?

I can't see why it's relevant, unless Everton promised them sons sort of spike financial return in 2022 (only) based on an expectation of a higher financial return for that year.

Think its more to do with the fact that the possibility for major additional public money has gone.

But you are right the clubs plans never involved the games and it's not going to impact private investors thoughts

Errrrrmmm, Liverpool is also bidding for the 2026 games lads.

So if Birmingham don't get the nod for the 2022 games then the possibility of the new stadium being used for athletics rumbles on....

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back