New Everton Stadium

Fairly sure Moshiri can exercise his share options whenever he wants.

But theirs no real reason too because theirs literally no chance he'd get 50% voting against him. The club have no record of who many single shareholders actually are.

(I could be wrong though)

It does though. All sorts of legal stuff has to happen when he assumes 51%.

And, iirc, there are sell agreements in place with a fixed price for the rest when he wants to exercise that option. So he has "control", but not really.

Like you said, he is a facilitator. Said it ages and ages ago.

I remain to be convinced that Usnamov is that arsed about buying into Everton personally, although there is deffo plenty of smoke around, granted, that supports that move. He has freed up his trusted deputy to get the ducks in order for his investment into Liverpool Waters, imo.
Private company, the only thing that changes at 51% is the Person with Significant Control registered at Companies House is changed from Moshiri with over 25% to over 50%. The other reason for only taking 49% was probably triggering the repayment of the Pru loan, which has happened anyway.
The charges against BHHL by JW,JWL AA and BK are still registered at IoM Companies Registry. This is probably to do with the options, but as the charges are in favour of the current minority shareholders, it could infer/imply that there is money owed to them currently or is more likely be associated with the options. Not enough detail to know for sure, but interesting that the charges are registered by the escrow agent which leans towards the money being there to complete. Mentioned this ages ago.
Think your final two paragraphs are spot on, much as I would love to see a Usmanov takeover.
Haven't bored anyone with this stuff for a while, so thanks for the opportunity.

I've asked myself the same questions hundreds of times especially during TDD
A putz to take the fall if it goes pear shaped and a pasty out front to deal with the punters and press. Next question please!

Slightly off topic, it would be nice if Liverpool could have gotten more sporting facilities on the back of the Commonwealth games. I hope that Goodison Park in her new life incorporates sport and fitness after the stadium move. It's a shame that we don't have more affordable and readily available sports facilities and activities for everyone at all levels in this country. It would be a great thing if Everton could be at the forefront of remedying this state of affairs.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back