New Everton Stadium

Had a meeting with Peel's maintenance manager yesterday and i asked what's going on at the minute and all he said was Everton had given FLT,who are a timber supplier in one of the warehouses their 6 months notice at the end of August.

They are the only ones left on the site

Apparently up to now Everton have been great with the businesses they are uprooting,and are more than financially compensating them.

Oh, Dan - you're so sexy. Keep talking dirty to me like that and l am yours forever!

Can't but help feeling he is setting himself up for a big fall, though
I certainly hope not, but you know that you can't rule anything out with us lot.
In the meantime you would imagine he would be earning a bit of coin by way of a retainer of some sorts.

Must admit though,everyone involved has played an absolute blinder keeping them renderings out of the public domain
You are quite right mate, talking to a fella yersterday, said his son works for a company that have a contract at BM, and they have been sworn to secrecy, all he would say was his son is an engineer, and that was it, thanked him for the info. haha, will try to go for a pint with him, and get him pizzed.

Attachments

• IMG_5411.webp
    IMG_5411.webp
    152.3 KB · Views: 164
Quite, The minute that SPV thing was announced, plus a few whispers I heard, it was as plain as the nose on your face that the ground build is a bookend/stimulus for LCC to see truck loads of cash cascade into the city.

All they, (LCC) had to do was to de-risk the bulk of the ground financing via the SPV, and, bingo. The CWG "bid" was a convenient fig leaf. Pretty sure they would have found another one if needed.

IMO, we will get the ground, (timescales mentioned seem miles off imo), but it will not be financed by EFC/Moshiri. One day, we will actually own the place, but the "rent/mortgage" will be easily manageable.

Unless the world caves in that is.

From my understanding with the financing the yearly payment would only be about 20-30M, which is very manageable and enable us to not have to go into a complete spending freeze.

When you get the chance look closely at Man City's ground. Look closely behind the goals at the second tier, then look how far they are from the pitch.
It's an absolute horrendous set up as a football ground (this tier originally wrapped around the end of the running track) it's so far away from the pitch that it complete destroys the atmosphere within the ground. (When you think about why did they copy this layout at the temporary end post CWC games when they made a new end stand!?!?)

Other grounds with ill thought out second tiers are: Wembley, new Athletico Madrid stadium, London stadium or any other ground that has or can be used for Athletics.

Any of these examples are what we should be avoiding.

Real Betis have 3 sides of their ground built with steep on top of each other (overhanging) triple tier stands albeit with slightly curved sides and goal areas.
This design with straight stands is closest we could get to a 'on top of the pitch Goodison esque' stadium. This with one end being a double tier stand would look pretty awesome.

However this ground also wouldn't be able to readily accept a running track.

Regardless of what folk say on here about modern technology and new design techniques there's one thing that never changes. One can't bend the laws of physics regardless of who the architect may be.
A given area is a given area....period!!

Could get around by building a 'L' shaped stadium for the CWG's but I can't see that happening.
The stands are close to the pitch.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back