New Everton Stadium

Even with a 60,000 seater we won't fill it for every game
I get the use of a season ticket for 5/6 games a season
After that all I can get is restricted view seats and I've had too many crap ones in the past to bother now except for the really big games if I can get one.
We won't fill 60,000 for a game against Huddersfield ( all due respect to Huddersfield ) or Brighton (same respect ) on a mon night in Jan
We would sell out for maybe 10/12 games a season depending on game day and time.
I've been messed around too many times by sky changing fixtures that the amount of times I'll go has been cut back.
Walk ups are grand on a sat or Sunday afternoon but other times make it difficult for everyone else bar those that live local

Even selling out 10/12 games a season would say to me a capacity is too small. That's a big bar too, saying bar local fans. Selling out regularly causes it's own problems. One of the reasons the atmosphere is generally crap is that fans can't get tickets in big groups of mates together. Come out of the pub, you're often split up in 2's and 3's until later.

Also, the chance of others going the match on a whim goes. Lots of new fans start off by going the match a few times, getting the bug, going more, before getting season tickets, you want to keep that open, not just restrict their whims to Huddersfield on a Monday.

Steep enough?

usbank16957.webp

An entire end of the stadium left without seats in order to accommodate a giant screen, so they can watch the game on the telly while they are sitting at the match? How did they become the most powerful nation on the planet???

Think it's a pretty common thing in Football over there. I can see the logic...view from behind the goal is gash IMO.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back