New Everton Stadium

An entire end of the stadium left without seats in order to accommodate a giant screen, so they can watch the game on the telly while they are sitting at the match? How did they become the most powerful nation on the planet???
Think that would have something to do with the revenue generated from advertising on the big screen ....after all it is America , everything stops for an opportunity to make money.

Steep enough for me? No. Look how flat the stands are along the length of the field.

Stands are parabolas. ie 'like a banana'. Start off shallow, then get steeper and steeper every say 20 rows. It's how they get what they call c values, which are sightlines.

So they have to be shallow at the bottom so that you can reach maximum steepness (34 degrees) at the top.

To get more tiers in then you will have more smaller tiers, plus the shallower the bottom one is the closer you can get the higher tiers to the pitch.

Personally I prefer shallow stands as it gives it more of an intimate terrace feel whereas steep stands fans are less likely to stand. Steep stands with loads of tiers like that Vikings one are good for side stands as they don't create the atmosphere. They're not not that good for End Stands though as it's hard to generate that initial noise if fans are too split up.

Stands are parabolas. ie 'like a banana'. Start off shallow, then get steeper and steeper every say 20 rows. It's how they get what they call c values, which are sightlines.

So they have to be shallow at the bottom so that you can reach maximum steepness (34 degrees) at the top.

To get more tiers in then you will have more smaller tiers, plus the shallower the bottom one is the closer you can get the higher tiers to the pitch.

Personally I prefer shallow stands as it gives it more of an intimate terrace feel whereas steep stands fans are less likely to stand. Steep stands with loads of tiers like that Vikings one are good for side stands as they don't create the atmosphere. They're not not that good for End Stands though as it's hard to generate that initial noise if fans are too split up.

I quite like that side stand and it would certainly be unique in English football. It would certainly retain some of the feeling at Goodison in the upper tiers of being on top of the pitch. Agree with you though that it would be unsuitable for an end stand.

I quite like that side stand and it would certainly be unique in English football. It would certainly retain some of the feeling at Goodison in the upper tiers of being on top of the pitch. Agree with you though that it would be unsuitable for an end stand.

I'm happy for our side stands to be like that. I can't tell from that pic if they overlap at all mind but I think they do?
You need your side stands to be close to the pitch as poss, as they are then as close to the noise generated by the End Stands, so they can join in with their noise as soon as they hear it as one, without having to wait for the noise to work it's way to them.

One of Goodison's past criticisms was that it had too many acoustical pens. So songs had a lot more work to do for them to reach all the different parts of the ground. So the traditional home in the middle of the Gwladys Street where all the songs started had to contend with a mix between no roof and an overhang from the upper Gwladys St that wasn't designed for amplifying noise. The songs needed to compensate for the lack of acoustics by a greater percentage of fans joining in for them to spread to the rest of the Lower, the upper, then to the Enclosure, Main Stand, Paddock etc etc. So by the time songs reached the sides they'd pretty much finished

When the Park End was built you could see the effect of proper acoustics, their songs got loud quicker to the point where the rest of the stadium felt compelled to join in with them far sooner than with songs started in the Lower Gwladys St.

So the number of acoustical pens did not matter once the End Stand reached a certain noise level.

So behind the goal you desperately need a different type of stand to the side stand. Single tiers work so much better behind the goal where you need songs to quickly spread under a proper roof, whereas multiple tiers work better on the sides where you want fans to be as close to the noise of the End Stand as possible.

I'm encouraged by talk of this massive Home Stand, though disappointed it's only the one. Though more spy work is needed to see how this home End will formed. Are they thinking of one tier or loads of little tiers?

An entire end of the stadium left without seats in order to accommodate a giant screen, so they can watch the game on the telly while they are sitting at the match? How did they become the most powerful nation on the planet???

"Sideline seats are more desirable, better view of the game. Nobody wants to sit behind the endzones."
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=142300622&postcount=43026

So if an NFL team decides to have, say, a 70K capacity for a new stadium, they'll pile more seats along the sidelines than at the ends, because that's where demand is.

just reading the post's about the "c" curve in the stands and trying to make it feel steeper and more intimidating ensuring that the acoustics are right on a small bit of land seems to point more towards the suprastadio design that we were linked with 16 months ago before this all started.

When the Park End was built you could see the effect of proper acoustics, their songs got loud quicker to the point where the rest of the stadium felt compelled to join in with them far sooner than with songs started in the Lower Gwladys St.

So the number of acoustical pens did not matter once the End Stand reached a certain noise level.
LOL

Like the Park End ever sing.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back