New Everton Stadium

We've regressed as a team.

No mate, as a club.

From the top down, we are STILL rotten

look at the state of us on the pitch.

some of the worst 'team' performances ive ever witnessed. and that says a lot.

it all stems from the top. Moshiri has hired us in koeman, a complete mercenary who doesn't give two hoots about this club or its fans.

Is there any earthly reason why a consultation phase has not been done, dusted and the data presented back to us by now? I dont see any.

It's all too vague. If it wasn't for the tweets of a man in America you;d be hard pressed to know the stadium scheme still existed. We should easily be past consultation phases with fans and at the presentation of design stage. Easily. Why aren't we there?
Well I know 2 obvious reasons if you are cynically minded. It's all a sham and nothing is happening, or as it is Everton, probably happening badly and slowly.

However I am not so cynical, but what could I use to argue against someone who was?

No mate, as a club.

From the top down, we are STILL rotten

look at the state of us on the pitch.

some of the worst 'team' performances ive ever witnessed. and that says a lot.

it all stems from the top. Moshiri has hired us in koeman, a complete mercenary who doesn't give two hoots about this club or its fans.

No one is arguing with you that the team is playing badly and is worse than last season.
But it simply doesn't follow that because the team is playing badly, that the whole club has regressed - or that "nothing has happened" since Moshiri took over.

Really weird argument you're making tbh.

"Team is playing crap therefore none of the stuff that has happened has actually happened".

No one is arguing with you that the team is playing badly and is worse than last season.
But it simply doesn't follow that because the team is playing badly, that the whole club has regressed - or that "nothing has happened" since Moshiri took over.

Really weird argument you're making tbh.

"Team is playing crap therefore none of the stuff that has happened has actually happened".

I suppose we'll have to continue to wait and see how all this pans out.

we could all be hounding Moshiri out in January if we are bottom of the league.

I have it on very good authority that the current down turn in on field success has been deliberately orchestrated by higher echelons at the club to allow acoustic engineers to measure the affect of near silence and booing on the proposed new design. Unfortunately to date these levels have not been of sufficient magnitude for them to record any meaningful data and we can therefore expect another month or so of very sub-standard performances. Its even possible performances may have to get worse before the data is of any use.

Obviously they won't be able to sign off any designs until this vital aspect of the design is complete. So those going to the games please do your part for the rest of use who have to stand by from afar and get that silence followed by the booing up to acceptable levels. Thank you in anticipation.

Think that's a bit of a harsh assessment. No doubting the fact that on the pitch we've regressed this season. But, off the top of my head, since Moshiri came in....

1. We paid £10m to get rid of an underperforming manager
2. We paid several million £ to sign Koeman, and then gave him £7m per year. Most expensive manager in our history by far.
3. We've cleared the debts - and now owe money only to Moshiri himself - who has given us a cheap loan.
4. Goodison has been significantly redeveloped, with the new cladding, light towers and stadium art - as well as completely revamped disabled seating. None of that was free!
5. We made an historic agreement with the Council and Peel Holdings for an excellent stadium site - with an Architect appointed and fan consultation having taken place. There are initial designs. Genuinely, I know someone who has seen them and has been asked to sign a confidentiality agreement as the club is determined for plans not to be leaked. You'll just have to believe me or not on this - I'm not going to get in argument and I can't tell you everything I know or why I know it - but if you check back on my posts, you'll see I've called quite a few things right on the stadium.
6. We've seen major sponsorship deals take place - including USM sponsoring FF, binning off Chang who were massively underpaying us, and adding Angry Birds as a sleeve sponsor (yes, I know that's not popular...).
7. We've spent more than we ever have before on transfers - with over £50m spent this summer alone (after Lukaku) - following January when we spent £30m.
8. We've broken our transfer record several times (Pickford/Keane, Sigurdsson)
9. Finch Farm has seen massive improvement and investment, and there is more major expansion to come.
10. As a little brucey bonus, I'm hearing there may be some very interesting kit news for next season.

Anyway - there's no question that our signings aren't working and the team is in a rut. It seems we have appointed the wrong manager.
But to say nothing has changed is wide of the mark. The last 18 months have seen a massive sea change at the club. Ask anyone who works there.
Is it a new kit supplier and no longer having Umbro? Are we coming out of the kitbag deal early?

Is there any earthly reason why a consultation phase has not been done, dusted and the data presented back to us by now? I dont see any.

It's all too vague. If it wasn't for the tweets of a man in America you;d be hard pressed to know the stadium scheme still existed. We should easily be past consultation phases with fans and at the presentation of design stage. Easily. Why aren't we there?
I suspect Moshiri, BK, Peel and Anderson were all hoping Liverpool would be awarded the Commonwealth games which would have seen the provision of huge public funds towards the stadium costs and surrounding infrastructure as well of the fast tracking of the significant bureaucratic hurdles surrounding building on a world heritage site - The city council and Sport England funded the Ethiad to the tune of £112m when Manchester won the games.
That didn't happen so Mosh now has to attract all of the investment himself. With his connections he has a much better chance of overcoming the funding hurdle that killed every past stadium project but it's still proving challenging I'd imagine. Last March we were told, 'The club are also expected to submit a detailed planning application by the end of the year.'
I think it's pretty clear that's not going to happen but hopefully there will be some tangible progress early next year.

I suspect Moshiri, BK, Peel and Anderson were all hoping Liverpool would be awarded the Commonwealth games which would have seen the provision of huge public funds towards the stadium costs and surrounding infrastructure as well of the fast tracking of the significant bureaucratic hurdles surrounding building on a world heritage site - The city council and Sport England funded the Ethiad to the tune of £112m when Manchester won the games.
That didn't happen so Mosh now has to attract all of the investment himself. With his connections he has a much better chance of overcoming the funding hurdle that killed every past stadium project but it's still proving challenging I'd imagine. Last March we were told, 'The club are also expected to submit a detailed planning application by the end of the year.'
I think it's pretty clear that's not going to happen but hopefully there will be some tangible progress early next year.

Its only october... still got 1/4 of a year almost

I REALLY hope that wasn't the plan (banking on the CWG) as it would place Moshiri et al in a very poor light. Most people knew we had only an outside chance to be the favoured City, so that sounds like a frighteningly back-of-a-cigarette-packet scheme. Are we now in the position of scraping around looking for the right number of investors? Unreal if so.

I REALLY hope that wasn't the plan (banking on the CWG) as it would place Moshiri et al in a very poor light. Most people knew we had only an outside chance to be the favoured City, so that sounds like a frighteningly back-of-a-cigarette-packet scheme. Are we now in the position of scraping around looking for the right number of investors? Unreal if so.

IMO Dave, the CWG was a convenient excuse for LCC to de risk a chunk of the build via the SPV thing. In fact, I would go further, and in the absence of any actual bid document, (not that I saw anyrate) and the indecent haste that Birmingham got the gig, Mayor Joe was pleased Liverpool didnt get them.

The pace (sic) of all this is a worry, but that said, I am absolutely convinced that serious players are lining up their chips for the bun fest that the development will be.

As ever, eggs are still in their box, and not, yet, on my face.

Dave
Do you honestly think that between Moshiri ,Usmanov , Corestate, and the State Bank of China they could not rustle up 4 or 5 hundred million to lend to Everton through a SPV with the Loan guaranteed by the City Council.
I know it’s not chicken feed but it’s an easily obtained figure in financial circles for the right purpose.
Large pension investment companies ie those that look after civil service pensions would have no problem investing that type of money if the proposal was safe and guaranteed
I’d say the funding is not the issue

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back