New Everton Stadium

Not to mention environmental risk assessments, impact assessments, design risk assessments, BIM coordination. The amount of suppliers / sub-contractors for a project like this will insane. All need to be vetted even before their input in added to Revit! Oh, then there's planning, whole-life cost assessments blah blah blah.........The list is endless. Let's not be impatient. I'm in construction and even when a project is moving the flow of information is weak at best. Expect nothing for a while, but that doesn't mean nothing's happening.

It's not like building a shed.

A lot of Revit work is done. There is of course plenty still to be done, but its there.

..from my experience of project management, the design comes before the build for obvious reasons.

Where as my experience of working in construction means I'm not so sure that statement is wholly accurate. :)
I've built loads of stuff out of Lego and categorically state that it doesn't matter either way

..ah, but did your ‘loads of stuff’ last very long?
LEGO-Football-Grounds-8.jpg

I'll let YOU be the judge of that

LEGO-Football-Grounds-8.jpg

I'll let YOU be the judge of that
Now in the real word, while your standing back and admiring a job well done, a bunch of people in shiny hard hats and sparklingly clean hi vis, would query why one stand was a tier shy and where's the safe standing terrace? They would then ask if you had received the revised drawings ( you won't have), and could you correct it all by the end of the day!

Things are moving along. Work should start on site soon..

Given the planning application hasn't yet been formally submitted, somehow I doubt any meaningful work will commence until such time as it is submitted.
Such projects don't happen overnight and I would guess the plans and costings are still being finalised.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back