New Everton Stadium

Doesn't look very promising for a planning application to go in before the end of the year. Not even a sniff of a stadium render.

Impossible to tell the timing and things might or might not be on track, but for our new stadium everything was released suddnely on one day (a joint announcement between the club, NFL and Haringey council), no designs or renders leaked beforehand*, and discussions about planning had been done quietly in the background to ensure things would be as smooth as possible when the official planning application went in. I'm not necessarily saying there's nothing to worry about, but silence doesn't necessarily mean nothing's happening either. It could actually show a lot is happening.

Interesting the club is still thinking the 2021 deadline is doable and is confident in it happening. Things will need to start moving pretty quickly for that to work. Planning soon and workers on site by middle of next year you'd think.

* Actually, looking back to some of Jacko's posts, I think more has been 'leaked' of your new stadium design than we ever had leaked of our final design... e.g. Buro Happold plans, the blurry images from Meis' presentation, the Ten Streets planning booklets, an architect happy to talk to fans etc.

That update is very weak and has all the hallmarks of a stalled project about it.

I think the issue will be over financing this stadium: the vehicle proposed to raise the cash for it and the terms on which the club pay back the cash.

When announced back in March it looked very fanciful. Too complex and too many players. The fact that two of the main architects of the deal from the council end - Anderson the Mayor and Fitzgerald the CEO - have lost their credibility/job respectively wont have helped either.

This is going nowhere fast.

That update is very weak and has all the hallmarks of a stalled project about it.

I think the issue will be over financing this stadium: the vehicle proposed to raise the cash for it and the terms on which the club pay back the cash.

When announced back in March it looked very fanciful. Too complex and too many players. The fact that two of the main architects of the deal from the council end - Anderson the Mayor and Fitzgerald the CEO - have lost their credibility/job respectively wont have helped either.

This is not a stalled project. Therefore there is no issue causing it. You have no idea how fast it is progressing.

Who do you think they will blame Dave, Brexit or the failed Commonwealth bid, or a combination of both?

This is not a stalled project. Therefore there is no issue causing it. You have no idea how fast it is progressing.

They appear to be moving forward with discussions over minor details. There really should be nothing to discuss with the council because they are so onboard with it and there'll be no obstructions from their end. The regional plan wont be an issue as it was with DK. That leaves only outside agencies like heritage conservation organizations as possible present roadblocks to negotiate....OUTSIDE of the financial package that was cobbled together in a few garbled paragraphs in last years council executive report.

It looks flaky to me. The whole project looks on hold and we only ever get info from some equally flaky U.S. architect on his twitter account.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back