New Everton Stadium

It's not easy supporting Everton. They are infamous for letting you down.
Farhad, I imagine, has not suffered many investment failures in his career

...welcome to Everton Farhad. lol

Let’s be honest here. With relegation a real possibility, do we need to reconsider a ground move at this time?
Course we do. Form is temporary, stadiums are permanent (well about 100 years anyhow). We are about a year into the process. It will probably take about another 3 before we are playing at BM. We shouldn't be getting the jitters just down to a shitty start to the season. God forbid, but even if we do go down, I'd still be in favour of building it. People were saying for years we should spend more on the team. We did and pissed it against the wall. Bricks and mortar are an important investment into the club.

Course we do. Form is temporary, stadiums are permanent (well about 100 years anyhow). We are about a year into the process. It will probably take about another 3 before we are playing at BM. We shouldn't be getting the jitters just down to a shitty start to the season. God forbid, but even if we do go down, I'd still be in favour of building it. People were saying for years we should spend more on the team. We did and pissed it against the wall. Bricks and mortar are an important investment into the club.
You do realise that the only thing keeping this alive is Premier League money right? What is we are down a few seasons? Can't afford it.

Inside knowledge of the pre-application work would probably allay your fears that no progress is being made.

I have personal experience of working on development proposals every bit as complex as the entire Liverpool Waters project - albeit from the perspective of a local authority planner - and I can assure you that a great deal of work has to be done by the applicant before you get anywhere near a detailed planning application.

That is why I am sure you are wrong when you state that we are nowhere near making progress on the technical aspects of the process.

A stage 3 design. Basically proof the building will work and function as designed.

Was thinking of running a poll in a new thread but thought against staring another.

Is it time to pause any BMD stadium activity until the end of season? Relegation a real possibility. We can't contemplate such debt w/o PL money.

Thoughts?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back