New Everton Stadium

Surely this is to much rubble for bramley moore fill in anfieldpast4.webp

They’d fill it with rubble, then throw a load of sand in and then pour the concrete on the top, wouldn’t they?

Not sure how deep a foundation would need to be for a stadium, but I imagine it must be quite a lot!

Was at a funeral yesterday and at the wake I got speaking to some fella, turns out he's based at Finch Farm and pretty high up at the club.

As you do after a few bevvies, I asked him about the new stadium. He was proper reserved about it and didn't say much at all but he did turn around to me and say (I've forgotten what street he said):

Him: "Have you seen the tonnes of rubble at the bottom of "X" street by the Titanic hotel?"

Me: "No ... why??"

Him: "It's rubble thats going to fill in the dock, 2 firms have recently been put on standby"

That's literally all he would say about it.

Anyone been down there recently?

..what I don’t understand is why it has to be secretive. If preparation work is underway, I don’t see why it can’t be announced.

..what I don’t understand is why it has to be secretive. If preparation work is underway, I don’t see why it can’t be announced.
You can't get the standard cheesey self build laying the first brick picture :) TBH just filling a large area with rubble technically doesn't require planning permission/consent so I assume this as not a major milestone.

Any rubble experts on here who would be able to share their knowledge, how many tonnes of rubble it will take, what sort of rubble is suitable, does each bit of rubble have to be painted in a waterproof coating to prevent it from breaking and turning into smaller rubble?lol

Has to be laid with Flintstone mate, otherwise the rubble will just mainly dissolve costs will rise and WILMAke the stadium too expensive.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back