New Everton Stadium

You can't get the standard cheesey self build laying the first brick picture :) TBH just filling a large area with rubble technically doesn't require planning permission/consent so I assume this as not a major milestone.
You don’t need consent to start chucking tonnes of rubble into the Mersey? Are you sure about that?

They’d fill it with rubble, then throw a load of sand in and then pour the concrete on the top, wouldn’t they?

Not sure how deep a foundation would need to be for a stadium, but I imagine it must be quite a lot!

I'm sure it would need piling considering how close it is to the Mersey. so not your normal 'housing' type foundations.

You don’t need consent to start chucking tonnes of rubble into the Mersey? Are you sure about that?
It was more to the point out the milestone. I'm no engineer mate so I can only assume more work would need to be carried out prior to dumping rubble in the Mersey. That said I'm sure they could fill with shopping trolleys like most of the UK's river system lol

Sound. So we now have a pile of rubble at the end of some street in Liverpool?

From my last visit, that aint that unusual.

The Everton way, sake.

No need mate, just some pegs so the wind doesn’t catch it.....

Stadium-slide-01-25291.JPG
That may come back to haunt you when we end up in something remarkably similar
We won’t though .......will we ?
Please tell me we wont

I have a band that has a practice room near Bentinck Street and there is indeed a COLLOSAL pile of rubble at the across the road that we were all wondering what it was for. Makes sense now.

I've not been down there but to know that there is a pile of rubble there means atleast he wasn't having me on ... which is good.

..what I don’t understand is why it has to be secretive. If preparation work is underway, I don’t see why it can’t be announced.

THIS. I was thinking to myself "what's with all of the secrecy, if there's a pile of rubble ready on standby to fill in the dock like you say ... just tell me it's happening soon rather than saying you can't say anything" o_O

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back