New Everton Stadium

£14m p/a isn’t a lot of money. We’re about to spend the best part of £70m in the last 18 months alone on our managerial merry-go-round!

All things staying the same it sounds like a breeze. Things never do stay the same though. The club or industry could go into a downturn. Then we'd have half a billion to pay off.

The sums dont add up for us down there.

All things staying the same it sounds like a breeze. Things never do stay the same though. The club or industry could go into a downturn. Then we'd have half a billion to pay off.

The sums dont add up for us down there.
I think that is the risk everyone has got to take at sometime, though.

I’m looking at buying my own place next year, Right now I can afford it, but say if I lost my job a year after I get the mortgage?

Also, it wouldn’t just be us feeling the consequences should football come crashing down - every club would.

I know who's doing the work but cant divulge it currently. I'm trying my best to get on to it! :) Who are you with Phil?

I used to be with Geotechnics but I’m back in the piling with Cementation now mate. We did Tottenham's ground, which was interesting.

So at least the SI is getting done then after all!

Last edited:

I think that is the risk everyone has got to take at sometime, though.

I’m looking at buying my own place next year, Right now I can afford it, but say if I lost my job a year after I get the mortgage?

Also, it wouldn’t just be us feeling the consequences should football come crashing down - every club would.
Yes..........Common sense ..

Meanwhile...

DOyaLr8WAAAv5Fn.jpg

Not that surprising when you consider that Liverpool paid £150million for one new stand.

And Everton are still pushing the line that we'll have a world class stadium for £300M.

It'd be half a billion - minimum - to achieve that if the club are serious about providing an iconic stadium.

No wonder the whole thing has come grinding to a halt. It'll financially kill this club if they take on debt levels of that magnitude.

£300million?! Arsenal's ground cost £400million to build ELEVEN YEARS AGO!

£300million?! Arsenal's ground cost £400million to build ELEVEN YEARS AGO!

If reported costs are to be believed, the actual construction cost for FC big stand's big stand was around £75 million, plus 40 million for the extra land required. Seeing they were hampered by having to work around the existing stand instead of a fresh build that figure is probably higher than it needs to be despite the fact the lower tier was already in place. (It however was extensively remodelled)

So if you built a simple four sided stadium as per their main stand, (its capacity is over 20,000) knowing that the total land cost for the dock is believed to be in the region of £30 million, then it is possible £300M could build you something around the 70,000 capacity mark.

Obviously there will be extra costs for us as we will have the corners filled in and have to prepare the site, but the reduction of the capacity and the fact that materials can be shipped in directly should help neutralise that. So based on that a budget of 300 to 400 million doesn't seem crazy.

If reported costs are to be believed, the actual construction cost for FC big stand's big stand was around £75 million, plus 40 million for the extra land required. Seeing they were hampered by having to work around the existing stand instead of a fresh build that figure is probably higher than it needs to be despite the fact the lower tier was already in place. (It however was extensively remodelled)

So if you built a simple four sided stadium as per their main stand, (its capacity is over 20,000) knowing that the total land cost for the dock is believed to be in the region of £30 million, then it is possible £300M could build you something around the 70,000 capacity mark.

Obviously there will be extra costs for us as we will have the corners filled in and have to prepare the site, but the reduction of the capacity and the fact that materials can be shipped in directly should help neutralise that. So based on that a budget of 300 to 400 million doesn't seem crazy.

What ever the cost they did it well.

Failed on the time scale but impressive none the less.

What ever the cost they did it well.

Failed on the time scale but impressive none the less.
I agree that the big stand is nice on its own, but taking into context the whole stadium and it makes the rest of the ground look like Tiny Town.

So out of place. I’m made up they’re stuck in that shack of a stadium for the foreseeable future.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back