New Everton Stadium

I agree that the big stand is nice on its own, but taking into context the whole stadium and it makes the rest of the ground look like Tiny Town.

So out of place. I’m made up they’re stuck in that shack of a stadium for the foreseeable future.

End of the day they’re still at the spiritual home and stuff like that will help them catch up with United.

Thankfully FSG aren’t arsed about winning stuff they just want consistent top quarter finishes to rinse the prem and champions league money. “How to make fans customers”.

Moshiri is in the same boat but it’s still an inprovement. Just don’t assume it’ll be a fairy tail like Man City.

I’m also very scepticle over Dan Meiss. Seems to build stadiums on smaller budgets. We won’t have half the stadium spurs are getting to be honest.

I’ve heard a little whisper the filling in of the dock is proving to be more difficult/expensive than originally thought
You heard anything similar?
Filling the dock in should be fairly straight forward usually, it's been done many times before. I've not heard anything about that specifically but the ground investigation will no doubt show what's needed!

End of the day they’re still at the spiritual home and stuff like that will help them catch up with United.

Thankfully FSG aren’t arsed about winning stuff they just want consistent top quarter finishes to rinse the prem and champions league money. “How to make fans customers”.

Moshiri is in the same boat but it’s still an inprovement. Just don’t assume it’ll be a fairy tail like Man City.

I’m also very scepticle over Dan Meiss. Seems to build stadiums on smaller budgets. We won’t have half the stadium spurs are getting to be honest.
Tbh, the fit out that Tottenham will be getting, we wouldn’t require.

Iirc, they’re having some glass tunnel with a bar/restaurant to look at the players as there heading onto the pitch and selling these season tickets for £18,000+.

That is all well and good, but there is no chance a person from Liverpool (or not many, at least!) could be affording to spend that much on a ticket.

They’re located in one of the richest cities in the world, they can attract that type of customer. Companies will just buy their season tickets to take clients on dinners.

If reported costs are to be believed, the actual construction cost for FC big stand's big stand was around £75 million, plus 40 million for the extra land required. Seeing they were hampered by having to work around the existing stand instead of a fresh build that figure is probably higher than it needs to be despite the fact the lower tier was already in place. (It however was extensively remodelled)

So if you built a simple four sided stadium as per their main stand, (its capacity is over 20,000) knowing that the total land cost for the dock is believed to be in the region of £30 million, then it is possible £300M could build you something around the 70,000 capacity mark.

Obviously there will be extra costs for us as we will have the corners filled in and have to prepare the site, but the reduction of the capacity and the fact that materials can be shipped in directly should help neutralise that. So based on that a budget of 300 to 400 million doesn't seem crazy.
Don't forget the people they threw out of their homes, offering a pittance.

Don't forget that.

Iirc, they’re having some glass tunnel with a bar/restaurant to look at the players as there heading onto the pitch and selling these season tickets for £18,000+.

That is all well and good, but there is no chance a person from Liverpool (or not many, at least!) could be affording to spend that much on a ticket.

They’re located in one of the richest cities in the world, they can attract that type of customer. Companies will just buy their season tickets to take clients on dinners.

Exactly our market is very different to Spurs. We don’t need the same high end corporate bells and whistles

Iirc, they’re having some glass tunnel with a bar/restaurant to look at the players as there heading onto the pitch and selling these season tickets for £18,000+

You're right pointing to the fit-out but I'm not sure the odd gimmick like the tunnel area is going to add a huge amount to the cost even if they're the things the papers are latching onto (Man City were first with this idea, they've already got a Tunnel Club).

I think it's the sheer amount of fit-out that's going to be costly. Read somewhere that Populous have managed (somehow) to create a stadium with roughly the same capacity as the Emirates but with 33% more internal space. Plus we've got the NFL fit-out and retractile pitch under the 'bespoke' (hate that word but can't think of a better one) single tier stand which I'm guessing wasn't a cheap engineering challenge. Lastly, it'll be the first Stadium in the UK to be fully-sprinklered, a choice made not just for fire safety but also to allow more areas than usual to have high-quality fit-out.

Meis' little dig about the "cheese room" in our new stadium on Twitter a while back was probably not specifically about that but more a nod to his thinking that modern stadiums are too bloated in general. So it's very possible he'll keep the costs down by creating something much leaner than NWHL. Not quite sure how that squares with the fact that corporates are always the big money-makers in all new stadiums (not just London). But that's up to him and the club to work out I guess.

Anyway, NLD, #COYS!

You're right pointing to the fit-out but I'm not sure the odd gimmick like the tunnel area is going to add a huge amount to the cost even if they're the things the papers are latching onto (Man City were first with this idea, they've already got a Tunnel Club).

I think it's the sheer amount of fit-out that's going to be costly. Read somewhere that Populous have managed (somehow) to create a stadium with roughly the same capacity as the Emirates but with 33% more internal space. Plus we've got the NFL fit-out and retractile pitch under the 'bespoke' (hate that word but can't think of a better one) single tier stand which I'm guessing wasn't a cheap engineering challenge. Lastly, it'll be the first Stadium in the UK to be fully-sprinklered, a choice made not just for fire safety but also to allow more areas than usual to have high-quality fit-out.

Meis' little dig about the "cheese room" in our new stadium on Twitter a while back was probably not specifically about that but more a nod to his thinking that modern stadiums are too bloated in general. So it's very possible he'll keep the costs down by creating something much leaner than NWHL. Not quite sure how that squares with the fact that corporates are always the big money-makers in all new stadiums (not just London). But that's up to him and the club to work out I guess.

Anyway, NLD, #COYS!

But I do like that your getting the longest bar in Europe or something like that. With your own brewery in the ground.

This is also something that I will Everton should think about, making game day more of a day out than a few hours. Going to the ground for a pint before and after the game and then slowly filter out.

Also think how much extra revenue you would get from fans.

Anyway, NLD, #COYS!
RS.
Are you involved in some capacity with the club or at least with the ground development ?
I always like your posts and you seem so well informed... much more than I would expect the average supporter to be.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back