New Everton Stadium

https://stadium.cpfc.co.uk/

The project, which is expected to cost between £75-£100m, will increase the capacity at Selhurst Park from 26,000 to more than 34,000, overhauling a stadium which has been the club’s home since 1924. The centrepiece of the redevelopment is a stunning new five-storey stand featuring an all-glass front.

Palace seem reasonably confident, want to get it through planning in the new year and begin building late 2018. Suggests to me they're confident financing the rebuild.

KSS. Same comapny that designed....errr....think you guys call it the hole-punch. Redevelopment costs £75-100m.

More @ https://stadium.cpfc.co.uk/

DQNXZeVW0AEo8R9.jpg

DQNXaBAWkAIueK1.jpg

Looks great by Palace. If that costs £100m, then maybe £300m won’t look so bad either. I know we’ll be nearly doubling their proposed new capacity, but still.

Remember kings dock ?

Nice snazzy visuals that turned out to be just that I.e snazzy visuals.

I would rather see the visuals when everything is agreed then putting out videos then the whole thing go up in smoke

...I agree. Pretty pictures mean nothing. Detailed diagrams and developments plans, even if the milestones are high-level would at least indicate something is happening.

Remember kings dock ?

Nice snazzy visuals that turned out to be just that I.e snazzy visuals.

I would rather see the visuals when everything is agreed then putting out videos then the whole thing go up in smoke

Sadly, you can't sneak something through planning without showing it to people first. I guess you're referring more to the financing side though. But unfortunately, the financing becomes more likely once planning permission, land etc are secure. So there's not much you can do. Things have to go in that order.

Sadly, you can't sneak something through planning without showing it to people first. I guess you're referring more to the financing side though. But unfortunately, the financing becomes more likely once planning permission, land etc are secure. So there's not much you can do. Things have to go in that order.
So you reckon we will see designs before PP?

Looks great by Palace. If that costs £100m, then maybe £300m won’t look so bad either. I know we’ll be nearly doubling their proposed new capacity, but still.

Big difference though mate, Palace are only looking to do a redevelopment of Selhurst park, we're building from scratch, and also have the logistics of building on a dock, and as you mention, we'll be nearly doubling their capacity, so just my opinion like, but £300m looks a little short.

Even Palace are more efficient than us

What are we waiting for now? Over a year and a half has gone by and still nothing. Make that 20 years if you go back to when a new stadium was first muted. Madness

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back